All the finder Awards 2017 winners
These are Australia's best credit cards, home loans, bank accounts, insurance offers, personal loans, mobile plans and innovations.
Australia's biggest comparison site finder.com.au has unveiled the winners of its 2017 finder Awards at a gala event in Sydney.
The awards identified the best products in 20 categories, analysing more than 6,000 offers to find the top deals for consumers right now.
Fred Schebesta, co-founder and director of finder.com.au, praised all the winners and finalists for raising the bar for all consumers.
"Our winners include entrepreneurs, start-ups and Australia's top companies and showcase the best value and most groundbreaking products and innovations," said finder co-founder and director Fred Schebesta. "I congratulate them for being progressive and putting consumers first. These are the 27 products and services that should be on every Australian's radar."
For the product categories, finder's in-house expert analysts looked at every available deal on the market as of 6 October 2017, and then ranked the key features of each to choose a winner. The seven innovation awards, continuing a tradition from the 2016 awards, used a panel of expert judges for each category. Judges included Tim McIntyre, editor at MoneySaver HQ; Nerida Conisbee, chief economist at realestate.com.au; and ACCAN CEO Teresa Corbin.
Here are the winners across all the categories, but be sure to check out the entire list for more details on the winners and how they were chosen.
- Best Premium Frequent Flyer Credit Card: Westpac Altitude Black - Altitude Qantas
- Best Balance Transfer Credit Card: Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card
- Best Low Rate Credit Card: McGrath Pink/Community First Low Interest Black Visa
- Best No Annual Fee Credit Card: American Express Low Rate Credit Card
- Best Home Loan (Owner Occupied - Variable): Reduce Home Loans Rate Buster
- Best Home Loan (Owner Occupied - 3-Year Fixed): Newcastle Permanent Building Society Fixed Rate Home Loan
- Best Investor Home Loan (PI Variable): Reduce Home Loans Investor Rate Buster Variable
- Best Investor Home Loan (PI 3-Year Fixed): UBank UHomeLoan
- Best Personal Loan: Pepper Money Unsecured Variable Personal Loan
- Best P2P Personal Loan: RateSetter 2-Year Personal Loan
- Best Car Loan: Loans.com.au - New Car Loan
- Best Savings Account: AMP Bett3r Account
- Best Transaction Account: Macquarie Transaction Account
- Best Travel Card: NAB Traveller Card
- Best Health Insurance (Value): Health Care Insurance Limited Premier Package
- Best Health Insurance (Comprehensive): Bupa Australia Ultimate Health Cover
- Best Travel Insurance (Value): Online Travel Insurance - Comprehensive
- Best Travel Insurance (Comprehensive): Fast Cover Comprehensive Plus
- Best Prepaid SIM: Boost $30 ULTD+
- Best Postpaid Month-to-Month SIM: Vaya Unlimited XL Month to Month
- Best Tech Innovation: Qoctor
- Best Online Shopping Innovation: Shippit
- Most Innovative Team/Person: Rivva/Spriggy
- Best Online Customer Service: UBank
- Best Personal Finance App: Acorns
- Best Travel Innovation: Fast Cover
- Best Banking Innovation: Rivva (Spriggy)
- FULL GUIDE: How American Express card rewards are changing
- Finder to The Node: Greens offer NBN funding boost while Sky Muster plans go Plus
- My Health Record: Government extends opt-out period after system issues
- Gem Finder: You’re the Worst doesn’t sugarcoat romance
- The Etsy Made Local Markets are returning to Australia in November