Change up the usual Airbnb stay and spend the night on a superyacht, masted sailboat or houseboat.
You don’t have to be rich and famous to spend the night on a yacht or a sailboat. Airbnb offers a long list of properties that let you sleep out on the water.
Take your pick from tycoon-style yachts with extras like private chefs, or go for floating bachelor pad-style houseboats with hot tubs on deck.
|Refer a friend and get $25 Airbnb credit||Give a friend $50 toward their first stay and get $25 credit for yourself toward a future booking.||
All Class from Airbnb
- Location: Mildura, Victoria
- Moored in Mildura Wharf, All Class’ name does it justice. Inside, it’s sophisticatedly designed. There are L-shaped sofas, flat-screen TVs and a roomy chrome and wood kitchen. Outside, meanwhile, there’s a huge terrace area with a big barbecue, wicker seating, a big table for entertaining and – the pearl in the oyster – a multi-person hot tub.
Aussie Spirit from Airbnb
- Location:Mackay Harbour, Queensland
- Seaside walks, beach time and meals in marina-side restaurants can all feature in a stay onboard Aussie Spirit, as can cold drinks on the top deck, which looks out over the water. You’ll join the boat’s live-in owners onboard when you stay overnight, and you’ll sleep in the Blue Cabin, which comes with a double bed and is dressed up in blue and white colours.
Crystal Blue from Airbnb
- Location:Gold Coast, Queensland
- Get a taste of how the other half lives with a night on Crystal Blue. This 80-foot yacht has room for eight people across four bedrooms. It comes with its own skipper and stewardess and cruises around Broadwater during your stay. Up the VIP experience by adding a private chef to your time on board.
The Cube from Airbnb
- Location: Murray Bridge, South Australia
- There’s no mystery in the name of this place. This floating eco pod is box shaped. Inside there’s a big bedroom and modern living space, but it’s the outside space of this place that really sells it. A terrace skirts the cube that’s home to beanbags, a Baby Q, an esky and two egg-shaped swing chairs. Finishing touches include a breakfast pack of bacon, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, milk and bread that’ll be waiting for you on arrival.
Ebenezer II from Airbnb
- Location: Wentworth, New South Wales
- This three-bedroom houseboat sleeps up to eight people across three bedrooms. There’s a swim deck, BBQ and an apartment-sized kitchen where parties or families can cook up a storm together. Kayaks are also available onboard so you can explore the Darling River, as are sandboards, which can be taken to the nearby Perri Sandhills.
Heart Noosa River from Airbnb
- Location: Noosa, Queensland
- Noosa’s main street and a string of beaches are all easily accessible from Heart Noosa River. The boat itself is an 11-metre yacht with a double bedroom suitable for two people. It’s a homely space. Expect bookshelves, a guitar and games like chess sprinkled around the place. There’s a little kitchen, but if you don’t want to cook there’s a cluster of restaurants close by.
Nautical Bed & Breakfast from Airbnb
- Location:Melbourne, Victoria
- Linger over a continental breakfast in bed on board this sailboat B&B before heading out to explore the sights of Melbourne. Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, Flagstaff Gardens and Eureka Skydeck 88 are all easily reachable. Get back just before dusk and you can watch the sunset from the deck.
Romantic Yacht at Palm Beach, Pittwater from Airbnb
- Location: Pittwater, New South Wales
- This luxury yacht at Palm Beach is a big hitter with couples. You can spend all day sunbathing on deck, jumping off the deck into the water when you want to swim. For a little bit extra you can order a gourmet seafood platter to share, or arrange to take a cruise around the bays and beaches of Pittwater.
Timber Boat from Airbnb
- Location:Cairns, Queensland
- This boat was made for two. Moored at Cairns City Marina, it’s the sort of place you can simply squirrel yourselves away for the night. It comes with a rooftop stargazing area with a telescope and cosy lounge areas that you can light up with warm vintage lighting after dark. There’s a small kitchen on board, but the local Salt House restaurant also delivers direct to the boat’s door if you don’t want to cook.
Savanah from Airbnb
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales
- Moored on Lavender Bay on the lower north shore of Sydney, Savanah is a classic masted yacht. Its interior is nautical through and through. Expect high shine wood and blue and white furnishings. One of the highlights of a stay on this two-bedroom boat is the option to take a sunset cruise into Sydney Harbour that will sail you past the Opera House and Harbour Bridge as dusk falls over the city.
The Unicorn Houseboat on the Murray from Airbnb
- Location: Berri, South Australia
- The Unicorn houseboat was made for get-togethers. There are four bedrooms on board, with room for up to 10 people. The shared spaces, meanwhile, include a roomy kitchen dining room with a generously sized oval dining table and two decks where you’ll find things like a BBQ, chimenea and a hammock. Location-wise, the boat is close to vineyards, farmers markets and family attractions like adventure playgrounds.