AirAsia is tempting you with $450 flights to South Korea
But only for 72 hours. Get in asap.
Korea is so hot right now. So if you're ready to do some Seoul searching or are a wanderlusting Seoul, AirAsia has flights to Seoul and Busan from $450 return that'll sort you right out.
Flights take off from Gold Coast, Perth, Sydney and Melbourne from May-August 2019 and January-February 2020.
Your cheapest options come out of Perth with flights from $450 return for journeys to Seoul between 15-19 May 2019.
Fares out of other cities aren't too far behind this, with flights from Melbourne starting from $492 return, from Gold Coast at $496 and from Sydney at $557 return.
This sale runs until midnight 10 May 2019 unless seats sell out.
You can search for and compare your options now through Skyscanner.
How good are these AirAsia South Korean sale fares?
- Price: Good. Flights to Korea for under $850 return is a good deal according to Skyscanner (see below). Despite this sale being miles below the average, it still doesn't quite live up to $179 ($358 return) flights that Jetstar recently offered to South Korea. To be fair, those were Perth flights only.
- Airline: Great. AirAsia is the best budget carrier in the world according to Skytrax. Being a budget carrier though, these are seat-only fares. To include checked luggage, meals and in-flight entertainment you will have to pay extra.
- Travel time: Good. These flights aren't direct and include a stopover in Kuala Lumpur which may not be ideal for your travel schedule.
- Weather: This sale features flights in summer (May-August) and winter (January-February) both of which are low seasons. If we had to choose one, we'd opt for summer where temperatures can reach 30°C which is akin to an Australian summer – so we're quite used to it. Winters can drop to -7°C which isn't pleasant unless you're arriving for the snow.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?