AirAsia BIG sale discounts 6 million seats with fares starting at $99
See more of Asia on the cheap with some of the lowest fares we've seen this year.
AirAsia's latest BIG sale has officially landed giving Aussie travellers the chance to jet off to exotic international destinations from just $99.
The folks from Perth lay claim to the cheapest fares with direct flights to Lombok or Bali starting from $99 one-way.
Other highlights of the sale include flights from:
- Melbourne or Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur from $149 each way
- Sydney to Kuala Lumpur from $159 each way
- Brisbane to Bangkok from $169 each way
The sky's the limit, as six million seats are up for grabs across AirAsia's extensive network, flying into cities in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, India and more.
AirAsia BIG Members had first pickings of the best seats from midnight, 3 November but sale fares have now been released to everyone until 10 November, or once seats sell out.
Eligible travel dates are from 27 April 2020 until 1 March 2021 and with so much choice, you wouldn't be the only ones to consider booking more than one holiday.
To book: Head over to Skyscanner to search for routes and dates, compare prices against other airlines and to book.
How good are these AirAsia fares?
- Price: Great. $99 each way is usually the cheapest you'll find international fares go on AirAsia.
- Airline: Great. AirAsia has been crowned the world's best low-cost carrier 11 years in a row. If you want to fly budget, these are the guys to go with.
- Frequent flyer points: BIG members can earn points on flights.
- Travel time: Good. Some flights from Perth are direct while all other cities will need to stop over in Kuala Lumpur.
- Weather: Great. The best time to travel to Asia depends on where you're headed, but considering you've got a whole year of dates to work with, you should have no trouble pinpointing your ideal time. If in doubt, consult our Best Time guide.
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do