AirAsia BIG sale is back: Score $209 one-way international fares now
Plus, add a connecting flight in Asia from just $10!
TL;DR: What's the deal with this flight sale?
Cheapest flight available:
$209 each way
Until October 2023
Yes, until 17 December 2022
AirAsia's famous BIG sale has landed bringing with it 5 million sale seats, including flights from Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Prices from Down Under start at $209 each way. This can take you from Sydney–Auckland or Perth–Kuala Lumpur.
Other hot fares are:
- Melbourne–Kuala Lumpur from $309 each way
- Melbourne–Bangkok from $309 each way
- Sydney–Kuala Lumpur from $309 each way
- Sydney–Bangkok from $309 each way
Fly-thru fares are also available for onward travel to Phuket, Kochi, Seoul, Bangkok, Manila, Hanoi and New Delhi, to name a few top destinations.
This extra leg won't cost you an arm and a leg either, with internal Asia flights costing $10.
We took a look to check it and found flights from Perth to Penang via Kuala Lumpur for $219 on 7 November.
Travel is available from now until 28 October 2023, with specific dates dependent on the route flown.
- Don't delay! Catch your cheap flight now through the AirAsia website or compare seats and dates through KAYAK to make sure you're getting the best bang for your buck.
How good is this Air Asia sale?
AirAsia's BIG sale is famous for its unbeatable prices.
In the past it would feature international flights for under $100.
These days you're more likely to see starting fares around $200. In fact, the airline's last notable sale was in August where it took 20% off all seats departing Australia to bring flights out of Perth down to $209 and out of Sydney to $312 each way.
With similarly priced fares, it's doubtful you'll get anything else this cheap on AirAsia for a while.
Want a little more luxury? Premium flatbeds are also on sale starting from $599 each way, giving you a good night's rest so you can wake up fresh in a new country.
This AirAsia sale ends on 25 September 2022, unless sold out.
These AirAsia fares at a glance
- Good flexibility: Book and travel by 17 December 2022 and you'll get unlimited date changes. See more here.
- Great airline: AirAsia was named the Best Low-Cost Airline in 2022 by AirlineRatings.com.
- Good travel time: Flights to Kuala Lumpur and from Sydney to Auckland are direct. All other destinations include a stopover in Kuala Lumpur.
- Good weather: With travel dates until March 2023 you can afford to pick and choose when to travel for the best weather. If you're headed to Malaysia, travelling in November, February or March can let you avoid the rainy season and visiting Auckland in summer will get you sunny days for hiking and outdoor pursuits.
AirAsia is quickly building up its routes from Australia, last month launching direct flights to Bangkok from Sydney and Melbourne.
From November, new direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Jeddah, Tokyo and Sapporo will take to the skies. These are also included in the sale.
Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Jeddah start from RM1,799 each way ($600) and to Tokyo and Sapporo from RM599 ($200) for trips between November and March.
Group chief commercial officer of AirAsia Karen Chan said: "While COVID changed the world forever, some things never change. As the people's airline that prides itself on connecting people to places, AirAsia continues to put our guests at the core of everything we do, and this is what drives us to create more value deals and opportunities for everyone to fly".
Never miss a flight deal! Check out our full list of all the latest flight sales.