We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As fun as trampolines may be, there is risk involved. It's important to protect your business and inform customers about these risks before they start using the trampolines. This is where an Air Trampoline Waiver comes in.
This guide will take you through the ins and outs of writing a clear and legally binding Air Trampoline Waiver, including the free templates you can use.
What's in this guide?
- What is an air trampoline waiver?
- When should I use an air trampoline waiver?
- What does an air trampoline waiver include and not include?
- How effective is an air trampoline waiver?
- Do I need a lawyer for an air trampoline waiver?
- Get access to free air trampoline waiver templates online
- How do I write an air trampoline waiver?
- Where to get free legal documents and templates such as an air trampoline waiver
What is an air trampoline waiver?
An air trampoline waiver is a document that must be signed by anyone wishing to enter an air trampoline park. It's a legal waiver that stops customers from taking legal action against your business.
The document will state that the customer understands the physical risks of taking part in the activity and agree to this beforehand. Anyone under the age of 18 will need a parent or legal guardian to complete the waiver on their behalf.
Download this template at Lawpath
When should I use an air trampoline waiver?
This waiver should be used by all companies that provide air trampolines. You can do a lot to make sure your customers are protected when they use trampolines at your park, but it's impossible to remove all of the hazards. An air trampoline waiver will ensure no legal action is brought against your company for general accidents sustained by users of the trampoline.
What does an air trampoline waiver include and not include?
An air trampoline waiver needs to include specific points to make it binding.
- Nature of activities. A section detailing the activities involved in trampolining and how by its very nature, it can be a hazardous pastime.
- Types of risks/injuries. Use the waiver to highlight the types of risk that the customer may be exposed to by taking part. These will include a list of risks that are likely to end in physical injury. Clearly state that all precautions have been implemented, but there is always a risk when taking part.
- Release of claims. This section is designed to explain to the signee that by signing the document they are waiving their right to sue the company if anything should go wrong.
- Acknowledgement and understanding. This section will clearly state that those who sign the waiver have read and understood the document in its entirety.
By its very definition, there is very little left out of an air trampoline waiver. Each section of the document should strive to cover every possible outcome from taking part in the trampoline activities. This thoroughness is what makes your Air Trampoline Waiver watertight in the eyes of the law.
How effective is an air trampoline waiver?
An air trampoline waiver is highly effective in a couple of ways. The first is that it protects your company from lawsuits. Trampolining is a high-risk activity, so this document ensures the customers are aware of the risks beforehand.
The waiver can also be an effective way of avoiding accidents in the first place. If anyone using air trampolines is aware of the injuries that might happen, they can do what they can to avoid risky behaviour.
Do I need a lawyer for an air trampoline waiver?
You don't necessarily need a lawyer to write an air trampoline waiver. You can use an online template to ensure all important points are included so it will stand up in court.
Get access to free air trampoline waiver templates online
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Does your company belong in this list?
You're able to have a lawyer look over your waiver or help write it if you require certain additional aspects of your business to be protected.
How do I write an air trampoline waiver?
An air trampoline waiver needs to include a few things. The first is the safety precautions that have been taken by your business to protect customers. The document also needs to address the risks that are involved with taking part in the activity. You also need a clear section to explain to the customer their rights and what it means if they sign the document.
Where to get free legal documents and templates such as an air trampoline waiver
A variety of legal documents can be obtained for free from websites such as Lawpath and Wonder.Legal. Governmental websites such as Fairwork and Australia.gov also offer advice on legislation and laws, helping you to write a document far more clearly and professionally.
Ask an Expert