AIG Corporate Travel Insurance
Protect yourself and your business when travelling, with AIG Corporate Travel Insurance
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
While travel can be an exciting experience, unforeseen losses abroad can also bring great emotional and financial stress. Lost, stolen or delayed luggage can put a dampener on any trip. Worse still is the possibility of needing emergency medical treatment or evacuation. These can prove to be extremely expensive endeavours. Don’t be forced into a situation where you have no option other than having to pay for these expenses out of your own pocket. Protect yourself with a travel insurance policy.
AIG Corporate Travel Insurance is designed to make life easier for the consumer by allowing their customers the option of completing their business online, which makes the whole process a lot quicker and easier. AIG’s experience and knowledge of the travel insurance industry have allowed them to build a product that is designed to be as simple and easy for their customers to understand.
Features included in this policy
When you purchase AIG Corporate Travel Insurance you are covered for a variety of events that may arise while you are travelling. Benefits include:
- Easy online management of your insurance account. AIG Insurance is working with an eBusiness platform called Transact, which allows you to quickly and easily manage and use your insurance products. You can complete all of your business with AIG online, making it fast and easy to arrange for corporate travel insurance when it is needed and tailor or change that cover as you need to.
- A trusted and experienced insurer. AIG Insurance has a streamlined underwriting process that uses the company’s extensive knowledge and experience to build a fully tailored product and allows the underwriter to require fewer questions to get you covered more quickly.
- Cover for work or pleasure. Workers can be covered under the AIG Corporate Travel Insurance product when they are travelling for work or on their own personal trip, with features and inclusions to protect them from any situation which may arise.
- Medical and medical evacuation expenses. AIG Corporate Travel Insurance provides cover for overseas medical expenses, ongoing medical expenses in Australia and emergency transportation and emergency evacuation expenses while travelling.
- Lost deposits and additional expenses. Provides cover for cancellation fees or additional charges and extra expenses which are incurred as the result of unforeseen circumstances which cause the trip to be cancelled or rescheduled. These circumstances include natural disaster, injury, defined illness, false arrest, wrongful detention or being hijacked.
- Credit cards, money travel documents, personal effects and luggage. Includes cover for the accidental loss or damage to your luggage and personal belongings. This feature includes cover for travel documents, portable business equipment and business equipment. You are also covered for loss resulting from the unauthorised use of your credit cards and for the replacement of locks where keys are lost.
- Surgical and personal injury benefit. Pays a lump sum benefit if you suffer an injury which results in death or other specified events. Also includes a benefit for income replacement, domestic home help or student home help in the event of an injury.
- Alternative employee. Covers the costs incurred for the resumption of an assignment for a person who has been repatriated following an insured event and the need to send a new employee to finalise the original business obligations. This can be in the event of death, injury or illness.
- Political risk and natural disaster evacuation expenses. Covers the cost of returning home or to the nearest place of safety after you have had to leave a country because of a natural disaster, being expelled, or being recommended that you leave the country.
- Missed transport benefit. Covers reasonable expenses if you miss a transport connection because of circumstances outside of your control and you are forced to use alternative public transport services to make it to a business meeting or conference on time.
AIG Corporate Travel Insurance does not include cover for anyone over 90 years old, or over 8- years old in the event of a personal injury claim. If you are outside of these ages, you can be considered by AIG for individual cover.
If you need to use the features of your AIG Corporate Travel Insurance while you are overseas, you have the option to:
- Call Travel Guard. If you need assistance while you are outside of Australia, you can call the Australian Travel Guard line 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world.
- Doctors and medical professionals. You’ll also have access to a team of skilled medical professionals and doctors who are available on the phone 24 hours a day in the event of a medical emergency.
- Emergency services. Provides you with:
- Access to a medical practitioner for emergency advice and/or assistance
- Emergency transport to the nearest hospital
- Emergency evacuation back to Australia if necessary
- Advising your family at home of your medical condition
- Legal referral services
- Assistance with replacing travel documents.
More guides on Finder
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
How to start a fridge repair business
What you need to know about starting a fridge repair business in Australia.
How to start a pet sitting business
Do you love working with animals? Find out how to start your pet sitting business.
Porsche Taycan car insurance
Looking for cover for a Porsche Taycan luxury electric sportscar?
Life insurance for asthma sufferers
Learn how to get life insurance if you have asthma.
Life insurance for coma patients
How to get life insurance if you have been in a coma.
Life insurance for stroke patients
How to get life insurance if you’ve had a stroke.
Ask an Expert