Save money and time purchasing travel insurance with AIG's Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance plan
If you are a bit of a jetsetter, you will have developed all sorts of tricks and short cuts for making travel easier, more efficient and therefore more enjoyable. While managing your travel insurance probably isn’t the most exciting thing about travelling, as a regular traveller you know the value of a comprehensive travel insurance policy for ensuring that your trip does remain enjoyable, no matter what happens, because even the most experienced traveller can run into accidents or delays.
Of course annual multi-trip travel insurance doesn’t just offer great benefits to the frequent flyer. When you stop to think about it you might be surprised by how many of your years have actually involved multiple trips, whether you travel to a wedding, a business conference and a family holiday in one 12 month period, or you simply jet off on a few short holidays in one year.
Receive a free quote for AIG's Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Can I get Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
An annual multi-trip plan from AIG will provide you with travel insurance cover for unlimited trips during your period of insurance. AIG Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance covers you for:
- Trips that do not exceed 45 days.
- An international or domestic destination which is no less than 250 kilometres from your home.
- The insured sum per trip.
- One adult cover and any of your financially dependent children or grandchildren under 25 years old travelling with you.
- You can name your spouse, de factor or travelling companion on your policy.
- AIG multi trip travel insurance does not cover you for any loss, injury, damage or legal liability as the direct or indirect result of travel in, to or through Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan, or Syria.
What's covered in this policy?
The features of AIG annual trip travel insurance include everything you need for your travels, without compromising on any of the features, as you call on them as many times as you like. AIG multi trip travel insurance covers you for:
- Cancellation and lost deposits. If you have to cancel your trip because of unforeseen circumstances outside of your control, for example illness, injury, accident, retrenchment or strikes, AIG will reimburse you for cancellation charges and pay back any deposits you lose including travel agent fees and frequent flyer points.
- Emergency expenses. If your trip is disrupted, AIG will pay for any additional accommodation, meal or travel costs, including emergency personal phone calls.
- Travel delay. AIG will also pay accommodation and meal costs if your trip is delayed by your carrier for more than 10 hours.
- Resumption of trip. If you have to suddenly return from your trip because of the death, serious illness or injury to your travelling companion, business associate or relative, AIG will pay for the costs to return to Australia, excluding travel on a one way ticket.
- Home help services. If you have been hospitalised overseas for more than 10 days and then repatriated home by AIG, your insurer will also pay for housekeeping services up to the value of $1,500 on a single policy and up to $3,000 for family cover.
- Accidental death. If your death while travelling is accidental and the result of an accident or a terrorist attack, including occurrences while in flight, AIG will provide a death cover benefit.
- Accidental disability. If you suffer a permanent disability as the result of an accident while travelling, AIG will pay you a lump sum benefit. You are also covered for your liability if you cause loss or damage to property, injury or death, as well as protection for liability in injuring other people, causing damage to their property and for all legal fees.
- Rental vehicle excess. If your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen, AIG will pay your insurance excess up to $4,000 which you can increase to up to $6,000 of cover for an additional $15 in premiums for every $500 increase.
- Loss of income. If you are unable to return to work after your trip as the result of an accident or terrorist attack during your travels, AIG will pay up to $400 per week for 13 weeks.
- Financial default of providers. If there is a financial default by your travel services provider, AIG will reimburse you reasonable costs to assist you with finding alternative services, excluding the default of travel agencies.
- Emergency hospital and medical expenses. AIG will pay for eligible medical, dental and accommodation costs if you are required to return from your trip early because of medical reasons.
- Cash in hospital. If you are hospitalised for more than 48 hours AIG will pay you $50 for every additional 24 hour period you are in hospital, to help you cover out of pocket expenses and other comforts.
One of the biggest delays and inconveniences when travelling can be lost or damaged luggage, which is why AIG offers cover for the following:
- Luggage and personal money. Includes cover for the loss, theft or damage of your luggage and ay duty free purchases. Plus you will also be covered for any fraudulent use on your credit cards which are lost or stolen.
- Sporting equipment. Any sporting equipment you are travelling with is covered for loss or damage under your luggage cover, up to the specified limit of your plan. Your sporting equipment is not covered while it is in use. Sporting equipment covered by AIG includes surf boards, boogie boards, skis, snowboards and tennis racquets, while golf clubs are covered at a higher limit in each plan. AIG will also cover the costs to hire or replace golf clubs or ski equipment if your luggage is delayed.
- Specific luggage items. You can also arrange for a maximum of $4,000 of cover for specific items such as sporting equipment or cameras.
Ready to apply?
With so many excellent cover features and the flexibility to tailor your policy to your needs, the AIG Multi Trip policy is an excellent option for any frequent traveller looking for the convenience and savings that come with an annual multi trip plan. If this sounds like the right option for your travels, you can follow the secure link through to the AIG website to access the product disclosure statement and begin your online application. The application is quick and easy with the ability to get cover in place in as little as 10 minutes.