ahm offer a range of insurance products. Find out what other cover options are available?
ahm is a part of Medibank Private Ltd, trading as ahm health insurance. It operates on a for-profit basis and has branches in all states and territories, insuring over 500,000 members in the past 40 years. ahm offers four levels of hospital cover (Budget, Basic, Classic and Top) and four levels of extras cover (Basic, Lifestyle, Family and Super).
What other types of cover are available?
Along with hospital and extras cover, ahm also offers discounted travel insurance (10% off for ahm and Medibank members). The cover options are flexible and uncomplicated and allow you to pay for only the cover you need. There are three travel insurance options to choose from:
- Medical-only single trip. Medical-only single trip protects you for medical emergencies while you’re abroad, providing basic cover for those on a budget who don’t want all the bells and whistles.
- Comprehensive single trip. Comprehensive single trip offers a higher level of insurance that covers you for medical emergencies, medical treatment, trip cancellations and lost or stolen valuables.
- Comprehensive annual multi-trip. Comprehensive annual multi-trip covers you for multiple trips of different durations over a period of 12 months, which is ideal if you travel overseas more than once a year.
Depending on the type of cover you choose, ahm travel insurance will provide you with:
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Unlimited medical and hospital cover
- Medical evacuation if required
- Cancellation cover with a choice of benefit limits
- Cover for lost, stolen or damaged items, including passports and travel documents
- Higher limits of cover for valuable items such as cameras, laptops and smartphones
- Optional add-ons for snow sports and car rental.
What are the advantages of ahm health insurance?
ahm health insurance offers a variety of advantages including:
- A single annual limit that can be used on the extras you want, rather than individual capped benefit amounts.
- The convenience of online and mobile claims and payments.
- Uncomplicated, straightforward cover.
- Your choice of recognised extras providers.
- A flexi extras limit that grows the longer you are a member.
Being a member of ahm also allows you to enjoy a number of discounts and incentives including:
- One month’s free cover and waived two- and six-month waiting periods when you take out hospital and extras cover in March 2017.
- 35,000 flybuys points for singles and 70,000 flybuys points for couples and families when you join ahm and take out hospital and extras cover in March 2017.