Age of Empires IV is coming
The revival of the real-time strategy series is being handled by the talented Relic Entertainment.
In a pleasant surprise, Microsoft capped off its Age of Empires-focused Gamescom presentation this morning with the announcement of Age of Empires IV. Not only that, but the brand new real-time strategy game is being developed by Relic Entertainment, the studio behind the brilliant Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III from earlier this year.
Unfortunately, Microsoft didn't have a whole lot to share about the upcoming game during the presentation, but the announcement is exciting nonetheless. A new Age of Empires! Honestly, we were expecting Microsoft's presentation to be nothing but more gameplay from the upcoming Age of Empires Definitive Edition.
On the topic of Age of Empires Definitive Edition, Microsoft also revealed that the remaster will arrive for Windows 10 on 19 October. The company also confirmed that it'll be remastering both Age of Empires II and Age of Empires III in the near future, which is a strong commitment for a series that has lain dormant for over a decade.
Stay tuned for more news and announcements from Gamescom 2017 as we'll be covering the show all week.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits