Afterpay Day 2023: What to expect from the big sales event
Afterpay Day arrives on 16 March 2023 and with it comes big savings on practically everything.
Sales events are a fantastic way to grab a bargain and wrangle your spending budgets.
And one of the biggest that's coming up fast is Afterpay Day.
Running on 16–19 March, it's 4 days of epic sales across tech, fashion, health, homewares and travel with up to 70% discounts.
Year on year, thousands of retailers that accept Afterpay participate. Thankfully, you don't have to pay with Afterpay or even hold an account to bag these bargains.
So what else do you need to know about this massive sales event?
Here's the lowdown as well a snapshot of deals that may be coming your way.
What is Afterpay Day?
Afterpay Day is an Australian sales event that happens twice a year, in March and August.
What date is Afterpay Day 2023?
Afterpay Day 2023 runs from 16 to 19 March.
How often is the Afterpay Day sale?
Afterpay Day happens twice annually - in March and in August.
How long does Afterpay Day last?
Afterpay Day typically runs for 4 days from Thursday to Sunday. In 2023 it runs from 16-19 March, finishing at midnight on 19 March.
Which stores are participating in Afterpay Day 2023?
Afterpay hasn't released its official list of participating stores. However, individual stores have been teasing their involvement this year.
As far as this list goes, only 1001 Optical has revealed its deal (see below). We'll update this article as more are revealed.
In the meantime, here's who is definitely having an Afterpay Day sale this year:
- David Jones
- 1001 Optical: Up to 60% off a new pair of glasses or sunglasses
- New Balance
- La Mer
- Retravision: Its website suggests it might only be participating in the August Afterpay Day sale
- Wicks 'n Lotions
While there's no confirmation yet, these stores often participate in Afterpay Day so there's a red-hot chance they'll be offering something epic on 16–19 March too.
What deals are we expecting to see for Afterpay Day 2023?
If last year's Afterpay Day sale is anything to go by, we're expecting up to 70% discounts.
Here are some of the highlights of the August 2022 edition of Afterpay Day to give you an idea of what could be coming your way this year.
- Koala Mattress: Up to 30% off storewide
- Canningvale: Up to 75% off plus an extra 10% off with code
- Bed Bath N' Table: 25–60% off sitewide
- Sheridan: 40% off when you spend $50 or more on full-priced products
- Adairs: Up to 55% off
- THE ICONIC: Up to 70% off select styles
- ASOS: Up to 50% off select styles
- P.E NATION: 25% off select styles
- The Athlete's Foot: Up to 40% off select footwear and clothing
- The Oodie: Up to $40 off
- boohoo: Up to 80% off
- Cupshe: 15% off everything
- Cotton On: 30% off sitewide
- Culture Kings: Up to 67% off
- Glue Store: Up to 30% off
- Hallenstein Brothers: Up to 50% off sitewide
- Hype DC: Up to 60% off select brands
- City Beach: Buy 1 get 1 half price
- Skechers: Up to 50% off
Tech and electronics
- Dyson: Up to $400 off Dyson vacuum cleaners and bonus gifts with hair appliances
- The Good Guys: 15% off Hisense TVs and soundbars, $700 off Samsung 65-inch 4K QLED smart TV and $89 off Fitbit Versa 3
Department stores and marketplaces
- eBay Australia: Up to 73% off brand new fashion, toys and tech
- Myer: Up to 70% off tech and beauty
- David Jones: Up to 50% off + an extra 20% off sale items
- Target: Up to 35% off Barbie and 20% off selected furniture
- Jetstar: International flights from $139
- Luxury Escapes: Up to 65% off
- Agoda: Extra 30% off GoLocal and GoLocal Tonight stays
- Klook: 25% off (almost) everything
- JUCY: 10% off campervans
Health and beauty
- Adore Beauty: Up to 30% off
- Sephora: Up to 50% off
- JSHealth: 15% off sitewide
- Lovehoney: Up to 50% off select items
- Chemist Warehouse: 50% off select products
- Princess Polly: Up to 80% off
- RY: Up to 40% off select items
- Wild Secrets: Up to 70% off
- Adultshop: Up to 60% off
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay is a BNPL service that lets you shop now and pay your purchase off in 4 interest-free instalments. It gives shoppers added flexibility.
It's available at select stores – both online and physical – across Australia.
You'll pay your first instalment on the spot. The rest will be deducted from your nominated account fortnightly over 6 weeks.
There are no monthly account-keeping fees and establishment fees. As long as you make your repayments on time, you won't be charged any interest. If you do miss a payment, you'll be charged late fees until your account is in good standing.
To access Afterpay, you must sign up for an account. Once approved, you'll have a maximum line of credit of $1,500 which you can use wherever Afterpay is accepted.