Whether you're wanting to go all out or snag a fabulous deal, these are the wedding shoes to feed every bride's desire.
If there is one thing that comes close in importance to your wedding dress, it's your shoes. I mean, shoes really are a girl's best friend and on such a special day, you want to feel like Cinderella in her glass slippers (which you quite literally can be if you keep reading). Whether you're hunting for a beautiful yet affordable pair or you're ready to splurge on some designer kicks, these are our favourite wedding shoes to choose from.
How to choose wedding shoes
When it comes to choosing wedding shoes, it really is all down to you. It depends on your sense of style and level of comfort. You'd want your shoes to match your dress but this doesn't always mean they need to be white. You can match to your jewellery or embrace "something blue" – it's completely up to you. Just take into consideration that you'll probably be wearing them for a long time, so if you're not good with high heels, maybe go for mid-heels or even flats.
Wedding shoes for every budget
Do wedding shoes have to be white?
Not. At. All. On your wedding day, you can wear whatever you want. However, there is a large misconception that the only colour shoes you can wear is white, to match the dress. If you're wearing gold or silver jewellery then match that; if you like the "something blue" trend then rock some blue kicks. Or if you're after something a little different, reach for a nude or pale blush pair. The options are endless.
What wedding shoes should you wear?
The wedding shoes you should wear depend on you and a number of other factors that are important to consider. Plus, if you're choosing to wear flats, you don't want your dress to be too long, otherwise you'll be stepping on it; on the other hand, if you're wearing heels you want it long enough to compensate for the extra height. Therefore when picking out your pair of shoes, here is what you should think about first:
- What's your budget? Figuring out what you want to spend is the first step to figuring out where you want to shop.
- What's a heel height you are comfortable with? If you don't normally wear six-inch heels then maybe go for something shorter.
- What style do you like? Consider the different styles like strappy, peep-toe, stiletto, block heel style etc.
- Where is your venue? If you're walking on the beach or grass, a super high heel may not be the best idea.
How much do wedding shoes cost?
This depends on the type of shoes you're buying and where you're buying them from. The average wedding shoe costs around the $100 to $300 range, but you can definitely get options at both ends of the spectrum. Some brides choose to wear no shoes, some find bargains under $50 and some brides like to go all out with a designer pair at up to $3,000. For instance, the Betty Pointed Asymmetric Heels are a touch of class and elegance and retail for $21 from Boohoo. On the other hand, you can jump up in price to the absolutely stunning Dolce & Gabbana Cinderella heels that retail for $1,750. So really, how much you want to pay is up to you!
Tell us what you think on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter @finderstyle.
- Beauty product of the week: Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain
- The first reveal of Kylie Jenner’s Stormi Collection for Kylie Cosmetics
- Your first look at the first ever long-wear liquid liner from Kat Von D
- Where to get your hands on the NARS x Erdem collection
- Money Hack: Ditch your lash extensions for a lift instead