8 adventure tours New Zealand has for thrillseekers and where to book them
They don’t call it the adventure capital of the world for nothing, you know.
For adventure seekers, it can only be New Zealand. Not only is it a hop and skip away from Australia, but with its untouched landscape of mountains, volcanoes, rivers and glaciers, it also offers endless outdoor activities no matter how hard you want to push that adrenaline button.
Skydiving, rock climbing, canyoning, white water rafting, heli-skiing, zorbing or just 4x4ing through its captivating landscape are just a few options waiting for you in New Zealand. Whatever your flavour, these are the tours that can help you savour the experience.
Top sites to book adventure tours in New Zealand
Live life on the edge in New Zealand with Contiki’s array of heart-stopping action-packed youthful tours.
- Age range: 18–35 year olds.
- Tour types: Discovery, in-depth explorer, festivals, short stays, winter and ski.
- Adventurous activities available: Glacier hiking, bungee jumping, canyon swinging, quad biking, scenic flights, snow sports, skydiving, jetboating, 4WD, black water rafting, cruising, zorbing and glacier helitours.
Go to Contiki website
View coupon codes for Contiki
For those who’d prefer to swing into canyons and raft down rivers with a slightly younger crowd, Topdeck offers exciting tours for 18–30 year olds.
- Age range: 18–30 year olds.
- Tour types: Discovery and in-depth cultural.
- Adventurous activities available: Glacier hike, glacier heli flight, jetboating, bungee jumping, horse riding, skydiving, skiing, zip lining, whitewater rafting, dolphin sailing, parasailing, mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, quad biking, swimming, sceni
Go to Topdeck website
View coupon codes for Topdeck
3. Flying Kiwi via TourRadar
Flying Kiwi has been voted #1 in the Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth awards for its multisport, cycling, hiking and adventurous activities. It also has a handful of top rated tours by National Geographic to brag about. Yeah, this adventure tour c
- Age range: 18+ years.
- Tour types: Nature and adventure.
- Adventurous activities available: Hiking, cycling, tramping, sailing, fishing, sand boarding, kayaking, h2Go, bungee jumping, black water rafting, caving, luge, jetboating, canyon swinging, glacier hiking, horse riding, quad biking, stunt plane piloting,
Go to Flying Kiwi via TourRadar website
View coupon codes for Flying Kiwi via TourRadar
4. Haka Tours via TourRadar
With New Zealand tour names such as “Adrenalin Junkie Tour” and “Dirt Seeker MTB Tour”, these experiences are for those seeking all the best thrills and spills.
- Age range: 18-plus.
- Tour types: Adventure, skiing, snowboarding and bicycle.
- Adventurous activities available: Heli experiences (hiking, snow sports, mountain biking), MTB, skiing, snowboarding, hot air ballooning, surfing, scenic flight, bungee jumping, paragliding, horse trekking, skydiving, canyon swing, jetboating, whale watch
Go to Haka Tours via TourRadar website
View coupon codes for Haka Tours via TourRadar
5. G Adventures
Get out there with G Adventures and experience the wonders of the country with a variety of fun and active adventures for all ages and budgets.
- Age range: 12-plus years old.
- Tour types: Active, yolo and classic.
- Adventurous activities available: Cycling, hiking, kayaking, tramping, skiing, rafting, jet boating, canoeing, surfing, cruising, paragliding, mountain biking, skydiving, bungee jumping, snorkelling and canyon swinging.
Go to G Adventures website
View coupon codes for G Adventures
With hundreds of one-day and multi-day tours available from local suppliers, you won’t be short of choice when booking your adventure tour of New Zealand through Viator.
- Age range: Tours are available for all ages.
- Tour types: Marine, cultural, family-friendly, outdoor, sightseeing and nature.
- Adventurous activities available: Heli hiking, glacier walking, canoeing, jetboating, scenic flights, skydiving, whale watching and black water rafting.
Go to Viator website
View coupon codes for Viator
7. City Discovery
Seeking an underground adventure in one of New Zealand’s North Island caves? City Discovery has more than a few options up its sleeve.
- Age range: Tours are available for all ages.
- Tour types: One-day and multi-day water, hiking, outdoors, eco, food, cruises and sightseeing tours.
- Adventurous activities available: Cave tubing, cave tours, cruises and dolphin watching.
Go to City Discovery website
View coupon codes for City Discovery
Top North and South islands combined adventure tours
Top North Island adventure tours
Top South Island adventure tours
Top Winter sports adventure tours
Top extreme sports tours
New Zealand flight sales and deals
It looks like we don't have any coupons at the moment. Take a look at our most recent deals
Up to 30% off last-minute Europe tours
Book a range of last-minute Contiki tours, from week long jaunts to month long journeys, to destinations like Italy, France, Germany, Greece and more for up to 30% off.
Up to 50% off Bali tours and activities
Sample discounts include 50% off white water rafting, 35% off Nusa Dua Theater, 25% off a snorkelling tour to Nusa Lembongan. Select deals valid on public holidays.
Feature image: Contiki