- Minimum Spreads for Major Currencies
- 1 pips
- Available markets
- Forex, commodities, indices, stocks, ETFs, bonds, cryptocurrencies
- MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Trading View
Admirals is a forex and CFD broker most known as a trading platform for advanced traders. In fact, Finder's forex awards found it to be the 2023 advanced trader of the year.
Admirals' MetaTrader features, including supreme add-ons and its strong product offering, will suit most serious traders.
But it also has features that those who are less experienced will enjoy. Its strong educational resources, including webinars, online courses, tutorials and ebooks, can help traders learn the markets.
Trade over 5,000 assets.
Invest with $0 commissions taken on the first transaction of the day and $0 custody fees – although other trading fees apply.
Trade from $1.
Strong educational resources.
CFD broker only - no direct asset purchases.
CFDs are riskier than other forms of trading so make sure you're aware of the risks before starting to trade.
|Type of broker||Online|
|Available markets||Forex, commodities, indices, stocks, ETFs, bonds, cryptocurrencies|
|Minimum Spreads for Major Currencies||1 pips|
|Minimum opening balance||€100|
|Minimum Trade Size||1 lots|
|Platforms||MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, Trading View|
|Support||Phone, email, and livechat|
Admirals is a multinational CFD provider that specialises in forex trading. The broker began in 2001 when former engineer Alexander Tsikhilov started up the trading platform.
Over the last 20 years, the broker has expanded with affiliates and trading licences in Australia, the United Kingdom, Cyprus, South Africa and Jordan. During this period, the company also listed on the Nasdaq Baltics exchange.
In 2021, the company went from Admiral Markets to Admirals and changed the company's logo.
What can I trade?
Admirals offers you the chance to trade CFDs across a variety of asset classes, including the following:
Low deposit and fees
A strong feature of Admirals is its low deposit limits and $0 commission trading on the first trade every day. Admirals trading fees are overall low, but you will be charged an inactivity fee.
Simple to use
Once you get the hang of MetaTrader web services, Admirals offers a fairly simple-to-use platform.
It offers custom features, such as being able to change the positioning of tabs, and its search function allows you to group assets into categories.
Mobile trading app
For those looking to take their trading on the go, Admirals allows you to do this through its mobile trading app.
Its mobile trading app is well designed and user-friendly, but it lacks some of the features of traditional trading such as price alerts.
StereoTrader or MetaTrader Supreme edition
This is a scalable interface for both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, which is designed for more advanced trading of CFDs, futures and forex markets.
In essence, it's a wider range of research tools in comparison to what the basic platform offers.
Available in multiple languages
Admirals' MetaTrader web trading platform is available in 37 languages.
Account types and fees
|Account||Trade.MT5||Invest. MT5||Zero. MT5||Trade.MT4||Zero.MT4|
|Initial minimum deposits||$100AUD||$1AUD||$100 AUD||$100 AUD||$100 AUD|
|Minimum forex order size, lots||0.01||-||0.01||100||200|
|Spreads from||0.5 pips||0.0 pips||0.0 pips||0.5 pips||0.0 pips|
|Commission starts from||$0.01 USD||$0.02 USD||1.8 t0 3.0 USD per lot||$0.01 USD||1.8 t0 3.0 USD per lot|
|Leverage up to||Retail clients 1:20||-||Retail clients 1:20||Retail clients 1:20||Retail clients 1:20|
Is Admirals legit?
Admirals is a global forex and CFD broker starting out in Estonia, with licences in Australia, the United Kingdom, Cyprus and Jordan.
These licences in multiple countries, including a licence from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), mean the broker has to comply with various regulation hurdles
Admirals is a publicly traded company, listed on the Nasdaq Baltic exchange.
Admirals offers fairly strong market research for its customers.
It can help traders with the following:
- Fundamental analysis. If you're looking to trade forex, Admirals has a forex calendar that allows you to trade through upcoming events as well as a short explanation of how they have impacted markets in the past.
- News feed. Traders gain access to global market updates and trading news sites.
- Charting. Admirals offers a variety of industry-standard tools through its operation of the MetaTrader system.
- Volatility protection. For traders looking to mitigate risk, Admirals offers key features, such as limiting the maximum price slippage on market and stop orders and limiting losses on pending orders that fall into price gaps.
Support available for customers
With headquarters all over the world, including Sydney Australia, Admirals offers customers 24 hours a day 5 days a week support to its customers.
You can get help in a few ways:
- Email support
- Help centre
- Via phone
How to open an account with Admirals
Signing up with Admirals is a relatively straightforward process:
- Send over your email address and verify it.
- Complete your application – you'll be asked to provide your basic information including your date of birth, address and tax file number.
- Verify your identity and your address.
- Add funds to your account.
- Start trading.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked