We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
An administrative lawyer can help your business with the legislative side of regulatory administration. They work on your behalf to contest any decisions that may have an adverse affect on your rights as a business owner. We'll show you what you need to know before hiring an administrative lawyer and what to consider when asking for a free quote.
Where to get an administrative lawyer quotes online?
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where to get an administrative lawyer quotes online?
- What is an administrative lawyer?
- When should I use an administrative lawyer?
- Administrative lawyer vs business lawyer
- What does an administrative lawyer do and not do?
- How effective is an administrative lawyer?
- Do I need an administrative lawyer for my business?
- Considerations before getting a quote for an administrative lawyer
What is an administrative lawyer?
An administrative lawyer deals with legislation passed down by the local, state and federal government agencies. When these laws negatively affect you or your business, an administrative lawyer can help you to dispute the legislation and steer you in the right direction if it goes to court.
When should I use an administrative lawyer?
If you need to challenge a legislative decision by a government or regulatory body, an administrative lawyer can help you decide whether to bring your review to court or before a tribunal. They are experts at bringing disputes to court and working through the whole process from beginning to resolution.
Administrative lawyer vs business lawyer
An administrative lawyer works to challenge adverse decisions passed down by the government. In contrast, a business lawyer focuses on the company's internal structure and deals with contracts, commercial leases, buying and selling and more.
What does an administrative lawyer do and not do?
An administrative lawyer advises on legislative decisions from regulatory governmental organisations. An administrative lawyer's services include:
- Protection of your rights and freedoms
- Reviewing regulatory decisions
- Advising on the review process
- Challenging a decision in court
- Submissions to court
- Negotiations with regulatory authority
- Overcoming obstacles to review
- Licensing and approval
- Freedom of information claims
An administrative lawyer practices within administration law and does not advise on corporate, commercial or business law.
How effective is an administrative lawyer?
An administrative lawyer can help you stay informed of any decisions governing your industry. They make sure your company is compliant. If challenges arise, they will guide you through the whole review process, advising you of your best course of action.
Do I need an administrative lawyer for my business?
You will generally need an administrative lawyer if your business wants to dispute a government or regulatory decision. Administrative lawyers are experts in their field and they can assist you with documentation, such as submissions, licensing and approvals, as well as reviewing any disputes you wish to challenge.
Does your company belong in this list?
Considerations before getting a quote for an administrative lawyer
As a way of finding new customers, some law firms will offer free quotes for administrative law services. Here's what you should consider before you ask for a quote:
- Can you easily summarise and communicate the issue you're currently facing to a lawyer?
- Do you have proof that the legislation is having a negative effect on your business?
- Do you have relevant paperwork ready to send to the lawyer (contracts, leases, policies)?
- Do you have a budget in mind for legal representation?
- How close is the lawyer's office to you?
- How much will the lawyer charge for travel and expenses? How much travel do they expect to do to complete your job?
- Does the lawyer charge a fixed fee or hourly?
You can also compare the the online legal services below if you require legal documents or other services:
- Lawpath offers three free proposals from their lawyer marketplace when you create an account with them. It gives you the opportunity to compare lawyers before you hire one and contacting them is easy, just call or chat directly from your account.
- LegalVision offers a monthly membership for $199 that gives small to medium businesses unlimited access to free downloads of legal document templates and access to free quotes from their team of online lawyers.
More guides on Finder
Average SME electricity bill
Want to know if your business is paying too much for energy? We've analysed bills for power from SMEs across Australia.
Response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right
Finder's submission in response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right.
Turnbull Hill Lawyers review
Get expert legal advice on all your family and business matters in Sydney and the Central Coast with Turnbull Hill Lawyers.
We evaluate Legal123's document template services, including its packages for specific businesses.
7 ways your SME can use its $1,200 digital rebate in Victoria
Take advantage of a new digital product or service for your Victoria-based SME – and let the government foot the bill.
Hairdressing rent-a-chair agreement templates
Use this legal template as your starting point to earning extra income in your hair salon.
Find out the key points of LawDepot’s legal contract generator to see if it's right for your needs.
How to start a delivery business
The skills, equipment and legal documents needed to start a delivery business.
How to start a daycare business
Nurture your dream of starting a daycare company with this step-by-step guide.
How to start an event photography business
From practical steps to key legal documents, here's your checklist for launching an event photography company.
Ask an Expert