When and where to buy the adidas x Marvel D.O.N. Issue #1 sneaker
Inspired by the basketballer Donovan Mitchell, you are going to want to shoot some hoops in these shoes.adidas and Marvel have collaborated to design the D.O.N. Issue #1 sneaker. Inspired by US basketballer Donovan Mitchell, the shoe is designed to cater to the athlete's famous vertical leap and speed. He got himself the nickname of Spider-Man, which is why it makes total sense for Marvel to influence the collaboration – and we are obsessed with the statement sneakers.
Inside the collection, you can find four colourways in a seriously cool sneaker design. It features BOUNCE cushioning so it's comfortable enough for all day wear, and there is a propulsion clip for lateral support – perfect for when you play basketball. The outsole is wide and the tread is a wavy pattern. If you look close enough, you can spot spider-web stitching on the toe box and tongue of the shoe.
When can you get your hands on the adidas D.O.N. Issue #1 collection? The sneakers launch on the 1 July, but 5 July will be the official release date for most adidas stockists. We love to shop adidas from JD Sports, Platypus Shoes and Hype DC.
The collaborative collection includes four different colourways, and they are all inspired by different characters from the Marvel series. You may find it hard to pick between all these statement sneakers!
- The Amazing Spider-Man: red, blue and white iteration
- Symbiote Spider-Man: pink, black, white and silver pair
- Stealth Spider-Man: black and green version
- Iron Spider: red and metallic-gold colourway
The name of the shoe can sound unusual to some, but there is actually an important meaning behind it. It was hand-picked by Donovan Mitchell, and D.O.N. stands for "Determination Over Negativity". The successful athlete said: "Determination Over Negativity is a belief that anything is possible no matter who you are or where you come from. I wanted this sneaker to be a symbol of that – for the kid who believes they can do anything."
- Best fashion sales of the week: Sunglass Hut, THE ICONIC and rebel
- 21 trends for 2021 and where to buy them for under $100
- Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW) 2021: What you need to know
- Best fashion sales of the week: adidas, ASOS and Princess Highway
- The best activewear sales this Boxing Day 2020