Why you need the latest sustainable drop from adidas by Stella McCartney

Posted: 9 July 2019 9:59 am
News

adidasxstellamccartney

Image: Supplied

adidas by Stella McCartney is contributing to the solution of product waste and fast fashion, one clothing piece at a time.

Clothes don't last forever. Have you ever wondered what happens to your fashion items once the trend is done and dusted? They rot in a landfill for hundreds and thousands of years. Product waste is a serious problem, especially in fashion. That's why adidas and Stella McCartney are collaborating once again and the result is pretty fabulous.

The latest sustainable collection from adidas x Stella McCartney includes innovative fabric choices. You can shop directly from adidas or check out stockists like THE ICONIC, Farfetch and The Outnet. The Infinite Hoodie and the Biofabric Tennis Dress are actually part of a larger collection that is coming soon! Keep your eyes peeled for the adidas by Stella McCartney fall/winter 2019 capsule to see more unique and sustainable fashion pieces.

The Infinite Hoodie is 100% recyclable and is made in collaboration with textile company Evrnu. NuCycl by Evrnu technology makes up 60% of the hoodie and the other 40% is made from organic cotton sourced from landfills, which can be reused multiple times to produce other products.

The Biofabric Tennis Dress is a prototype concept created in partnership with Bolt Threads. It features a unique cellulose blended yarn and Microsilk, which is a protein-based material made with natural resources like water, sugar and yeast. It has the ability to fully biodegrade at the end of its life. Circular fashion is the way of the future, meaning that all fashion pieces need to be re-used in an eco-friendly manner.

adidasstellasustainable

Image: Supplied

The two fashion houses have been promoting the importance of sustainability for quite some time. Earlier this year, the adidas x Stella McCartney 3D printed vegan shoe dropped and we were obsessed.

James Carnes, the Vice President of Strategy Creation at adidas said: "Creating products with upcycled plastic waste was our first step. The next challenge is to end the concept of waste entirely. Focusing on three core areas, we will explore ways to create products that can either be fully recyclable or biodegradable. We don't have all the answers and we know we can't do it alone. By collaborating with partners who share our same vision, as we've done with Evrnu and Bolt Threads, we can combine adidas' sports industry expertise with specialist knowledge to bring about a waste-free world."


Latest news

Get more from Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Ask a question
Go to site