Your first look at the adidas adizero adios pro running sneaker
Find out when and where you can get your hands on adidas' "fastest ever distance running shoe".
adidas is no stranger to creating exceptional running shoes. The UltraBOOST and Solar Glide models are just some of the most popular styles. This year, the iconic sportswear brand is unveiling its latest innovation, and here's what you need to know.
- What is it? adidas adizero adios Pro
- When can you buy it? 30 June 2020
- Where can you buy it? Via the adidas app
- How much will it be? Approximately US$200
The adidas adizero adios pro promises to enhance performance and increase comfort at the same time. But how did this shoe come to be? By gathering essential information from elite runners like Joyciline Jepkosgei and Rhonex Kipruto.
The first part of the innovative technology is referred to as EnergyRods. These have been structured into the midsole and consist of five tuned carbon-infused rods that mimic the metatarsal bones of the foot. This sits upon a nylon and carbon fibre heel plate. All these factors work to provide better stabilisation, allowing the user to maintain speed for longer than ever before.
Then adidas created something called LightstrikePRO. This is the brand's lightest and most responsive foam material yet (yep, better than the iconic UltraBOOST). Combining these two unique technologies means you've got maximum cushioning and enough energy to run for as long as you like.
This sneaker has been dubbed the brand's "fastest ever distance shoe" and we cannot wait to see if it will live up to that title. The initial launch will arrive in a minimalist colourway, "Signal Coral/White". The shoe's formation is mostly white, but the pop of orange gives it a nice touch.
For more, you can check out our dedicated adidas hub. It's where you can find all the latest sneaker news, a list of the best deals and our favourite retailers to shop the sportswear brand.
- Buy authenticated sneakers from eBay: What you must know
- Cheapest way to score the latest Jordan 1 and Dunk Low sneaker deals
- THE ICONIC sale: 25% off our must-have sneakers
- Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
- THE ICONIC flash sale: 40% off sneakers and our top sale picks
All images: Supplied