Compare exchange rates sending money from Adelaide CBD
Here’s how to find competitive exchange rates in the Adelaide CBD when you need to exchange your Australian dollars for a foreign currency.
Travelling overseas and need to get some spending money in the local currency for your destination? Stocking up on cash before you depart is a great way to lock in a good exchange rate for your foreign currency transaction, but where should you go to get the best possible deal?
We have compared the best exchange rates on offer from currency specialists in the Adelaide CBD against bank exchange rates listed online. We compared the exchange rates for USD$1,000 and €1,000. Have a look at the results below.
Your Adelaide CBD money transfer options below
The "Rate" and "Amount Received" displayed are indicative rates that have been supplied by each brand or gathered by Finder.
Exchange rates are volatile and change often. As a result, the exchange rate listed on Finder may vary to the actual exchange rate quoted for the brand. Please confirm the actual exchange rate and mention "Finder" before you commit to a brand.
Speak to a FX expert
Where can I exchange money in Adelaide CBD?
According to user reviews the following location provides competitive rates:
- Worldex, 65 King William Street (both USD and EUR)
Top tips to help you find the best exchange rate
Keep these handy tips in mind when stocking up on travel money for your next overseas trip:
- Be prepared to compare. No two providers offer the same exchange rate, and even a minor difference in rates can have a big impact on the overall affordability of your transaction. That’s why it’s essential to compare several providers before you choose for your currency exchange.
- Phone ahead. Don’t assume that any one currency exchange branch will carry all the necessary notes needed to complete your transaction. If you’re planning to exchange a large amount, or need to exchange a less popular currency, phone ahead to make sure the exchange bureau has sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction.
- Negotiate a better rate. If you’re a little disappointed with the advertised exchange rate, don’t be afraid to ask for a better one. There’s nothing to lose by asking for a better deal and you might be surprised how often there is room to negotiate.
- Better than the banks. As our above comparison shows, major banks usually can’t compete with exchange rates offered by specialist currency providers. Banks charge higher margins than foreign exchange experts, so their exchange rates typically aren’t as competitive.
- Find the right currency. If you find an exchange company offering the best AUD/USD exchange rate, don’t automatically assume it will also offer the best rate for other currencies. Make sure you compare all exchange options based on each currency you want to convert.
- Look outside the CBD. Although there is a higher concentration of foreign exchange bureaus in the Adelaide CBD, there are also plenty of places where you can change money in the suburbs.
- Manage international transfers online. Many foreign exchange services allow you to send international money transfers, but be warned: they usually offer poor exchange rates and charge high fees for the privilege. You typically get a much better deal if you use a specialist online transfer company to send money overseas.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
Send 60+ currencies at competitive rates and no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Global Reach will match any competitor's exchange rates. Conditions apply.
Get no fees as a Finder customer when you transfer your money overseas with Global Reach.
Ask an Expert