Compare exchange rates sending money from Adelaide CBD
Here’s how to find competitive exchange rates in the Adelaide CBD when you need to exchange your Australian dollars for a foreign currency.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Travelling overseas and need to get some spending money in the local currency for your destination? Stocking up on cash before you depart is a great way to lock in a good exchange rate for your foreign currency transaction, but where should you go to get the best possible deal?
We have compared the best exchange rates on offer from currency specialists in the Adelaide CBD against bank exchange rates listed online. We compared the exchange rates for USD$1,000 and €1,000. Have a look at the results below.
Your Adelaide CBD money transfer options below
Where can I exchange money in Adelaide CBD?
According to user reviews the following location provides competitive rates:
- Worldex, 65 King William Street (both USD and EUR)
Top tips to help you find the best exchange rate
Keep these handy tips in mind when stocking up on travel money for your next overseas trip:
- Be prepared to compare. No two providers offer the same exchange rate, and even a minor difference in rates can have a big impact on the overall affordability of your transaction. That’s why it’s essential to compare several providers before you choose for your currency exchange.
- Phone ahead. Don’t assume that any one currency exchange branch will carry all the necessary notes needed to complete your transaction. If you’re planning to exchange a large amount, or need to exchange a less popular currency, phone ahead to make sure the exchange bureau has sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction.
- Negotiate a better rate. If you’re a little disappointed with the advertised exchange rate, don’t be afraid to ask for a better one. There’s nothing to lose by asking for a better deal and you might be surprised how often there is room to negotiate.
- Better than the banks. As our above comparison shows, major banks usually can’t compete with exchange rates offered by specialist currency providers. Banks charge higher margins than foreign exchange experts, so their exchange rates typically aren’t as competitive.
- Find the right currency. If you find an exchange company offering the best AUD/USD exchange rate, don’t automatically assume it will also offer the best rate for other currencies. Make sure you compare all exchange options based on each currency you want to convert.
- Look outside the CBD. Although there is a higher concentration of foreign exchange bureaus in the Adelaide CBD, there are also plenty of places where you can change money in the suburbs.
- Manage international transfers online. Many foreign exchange services allow you to send international money transfers, but be warned: they usually offer poor exchange rates and charge high fees for the privilege. You typically get a much better deal if you use a specialist online transfer company to send money overseas.
More guides on Finder
5 Best Black Friday 2021 cruise deals to save on future sailings
Up to 50% off deposits, $400 onboard credit deposits, 60% off second guests, flexible bookings and more await.
Where to watch Buried online in Australia
Ninety minutes of oxygen and no way out.
Where to watch I Love a Mama’s Boy online in Australia
Uncomfortable family moments abound in this intriguing reality series.
Where to watch Escape to the Chateau online in Australia
This renovation show is on a whole new level.
Where to watch Warehouse 13 online in Australia
Mystery loves company.
Where to watch Ready Player One online in Australia
It's based on Ernest Cline's popular novel of the same name.
5 Black Friday deals to save money on stuff you actually need
Save on everyday bills this Black Friday with deals from Budget Direct, Vodafone and more.
Where to watch Hereditary online in Australia
Every family tree hides a secret.
Where to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them online in Australia
Explore a new era of J.K. Rowling's wizarding world.
Where to watch The Hangover Part II online in Australia
The Wolfpack is back – and they still love to party.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
New customers get their first transaction for free with code FIRSTFREE. T&Cs apply.
Send money in minutes at competitive exchange rates with this Australian money transfer service.
Ask an Expert