Adelaide Bank Visa credit card
Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and worldwide acceptance through the Visa network.
The Adelaide Bank Visa credit card’s interest-free purchase period is made up of a 30-day statement period (when you make purchases) and the 25 days to the payment due date, giving you a maximum of 55 days interest-free for each statement cycle. It also has a low $30 annual fee.
Interest free period
|Product Name||Adelaide Bank Visa Card|
|Purchase rate||19.24% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||19.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$20,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- No rewards program or travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $5, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$35|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$4|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Adelaide Bank Visa credit card by filling out an enquiry form on the bank's website. Alternatively, you can call Adelaide Bank on 1300 652 220 from 8am to 8pm (CST) Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on weekends and public holidays. To get started, make sure you have the required documents and details on hand for your application.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address and Australian residency status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment. This covers your current role, salary, employer's name and contact details. You may also need to submit recent payslips to confirm these details.
- Financial information. As well as your salary, this includes details of assets, such as savings accounts or shares. You also need to provide information about existing debts, including loans and credit card accounts. Along with these details, you'll be asked for an estimate of your ongoing household costs, including rent or mortgage payments and bills.
- Interest-free days on purchases. If you pay your statement balance in full by the due date, you'll be able to make interest-free purchases for up to 55 days in the next statement period.
- Visa benefits. As well as worldwide acceptance through the Visa network, this card gives you access to exclusive shopping, entertainment and experience deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Option to link to an offset mortgage account. If you have a home loan with Adelaide Bank, you could link this credit card to your offset account and use it to pay for purchases during the interest-free period. This could help you keep more money in your offset account, which would help reduce interest on your home loan. Learn more about this strategy so you can decide if it would work for you.
Rates and fees
- Annual fee.The $30 annual fee on this card will be charged when you first open the account, then once every 12 months on that anniversary.
- Purchase rate. This card has a 19.24% p.a. interest rate for purchases, which will apply when your purchases are not eligible for interest-free days. For example, if you don't pay the total owed on a statement by the due date, any remaining balance will begin accruing interest at this rate.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to withdraw cash, purchase foreign currency or for any other cash advance transaction, an interest rate of 19.24% p.a. will apply from the date the transaction is made.
- Currency conversion fee. A fee worth 2% of the transaction total applies when you use this card overseas or online with an international retailer.