Looking for something stylish to work out in? Here are the best places to buy gym clothing and activewear online.
Just because you are going to get sweaty, doesn’t mean you can’t look good, right? What better motivation is there to hit the gym or make it to a yoga class than to debut your new workout gear?
You can do it in style thanks to these online retailers that offer fashionable, and functional, activewear.
- Boohoo Boohoo Fit, women only
- THE ICONIC Sports section, men and women
- Nike Men and women
- Lorna Jane Women only
- Mr Porter Men only
- Onsport.com.au Men and women
- Sporting House Direct Men and women
- Rebel Sport Men and women
- East bay Men and women
- SurfStitch Activewear section, men and women
- Yogasmoga Men and women
- Free People Movement section, women only
- Reebok Men and women
- Sweaty Betty Women only
- ASOS Men and women
- Wiggle Men and women
- Bonds Men and women
- City Beach Activewear section, men and women
- David Jones Sports and activewear section, men and women
- General Pants Men and women
- Pacsun Men and women
- Hallenstein Brothers Men only
- Missguided Women only
- Urban Outfitters Activewear section, men and women
- Topman Men only
Top sites to buy gym gear and activewear online
Work on your fitness wearing something from Boohoo's range.
Boohoo boasts some of the latest styles in activewear for both men and women. Choose from items such as sports tops, printed leggings, body suits and shorts in loads of different colours, sizes and styles.
- Free shipping on orders over $40
- Shop activewear for under $30
- Extensive clearance section
Shop at THE ICONIC for on-trend activewear for men and women.
The go-to online fashion store for top brands and a wide range of products, stocks clothing, shoes and accessories in its activewear section, for men and women who like to move and look good at the same time.
- 100-day returns
- 3-hour delivery to Sydney metropolitan areas
- Free delivery on orders over $50
The super brand for athletes and fashion-savvy activewear shoppers.
Nike is a leading sports store that sells a wide range of fashionable and inspiring athlete equipment, apparel and accessories.
- Free shipping on orders over $100
- Free same-day delivery in Melbourne
- Become a Nike Member for express checkout and order tracking
Look no further for all the latest styles in activewear for women.
Long-time Australian favourite Lorna Jane offers a wide range of workout gear for women in a range of styles, colours and sizes, both in-store and online.
- Dedicated to activewear for women
- Become a member for free and gain access to exclusive sales
- Free delivery on orders over $150 to Australia and New Zealand
Shop Mr Porter's dedicated sportswear section for stylish men's clothes and shoes, and fashion advice.
Mr Porter knows what modern men want when it comes to sport gear, and will help you look fantastic with its range of tops, bottoms, shoes, equipment and accessories.
- High-end brands such as Castelli, Lacoste and RLX Ralph Lauren
- Free shipping on orders over GBP£200
- Sportswear for a variety of specialist activities including cycling, running and tennis
- Sports watches
This Australian-based online retailer supplies everything you need for a perfect workout.
Onsport's extensive range includes sportswear, compression apparel, exercise and specialised gym equipment, running shoes, swimwear, fitness accessories and heart rate monitors, as well as protein and nutritional supplements.
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- Free returns
- Earn Velocity Points on purchases
Sporting House Direct
Enjoy outlet prices online with Sporting House Direct’s online shopping platform.
The entire product range from this Australian-based sporting outlet is available online, and includes specialised sporting equipment, accessories and clothing.
- Free delivery for orders over $80. Flat-rate $10 shipping fee on all other orders
- Order tracking
- Freight services for bulky/ heavy items
- Same-day shipping for orders placed before 12pm
- Next-day shipping for orders placed after 12pm
- Buy now, pay later service available
Shop online with one of Australia’s leading exercise retailers.
Rebel Sport is a leader in the Australian online sportswear market, providing activewear such as clothing, footwear and swimwear, as well as exercise and sporting equipment, and leisure products.
- Order tracking
- Shipping takes 2–10 days for small items and 3–10 days for larger items
- Loyalty program providing benefits such as VIP deals and preferred pricing
Branded activewear such as Nike, Quiksilver and Converse, for men and women.
An international cult favourite, Eastbay stocks all the best wares and equipment for hot US sports such as baseball, basketball, tennis and track, as well as the latest in Jordan and Adidas footwear.
- 24/7 phone customer service and live chat
- Cheap branded shoes and exclusive online pre-sales
- Constantly offers coupons and discounts
From humble rbeginnings in a garage on Sydney's Northern Beaches, SurfStitch is now riding high as one of the most popular online retailers of surfwear.
Browse the activewear section for a wide selection of exercise clothing; shop the site's large range of surf, skate and snow gear; or click Sale for a great choice of reduced-price items.
- 100-day returns on full-priced items
- 30-day returns on sale items
- Free express delivery to most Australian cities on orders over $25
One of the top online destinations dedicated to yoga-loving women and men.
YOGASMOGA designs and sells its own products which it manufactures in the US, combining technology with style, and featuring a Core, Select and Premium range of clothing, as well as accessories.
- Fabrics and garments are all environmentally sustainable and ethically produced in the US
- Fabrics are produced from raw materials
- Delivery to Australia within 6–10 working days
Bohemian American fashion label Free People now supplies activewear worldwide.
Around since the '70s, and known globally for its high-quality apparel with a whimsical, bohemian twist, Free People now sells exercise clothes in the movement section of its online store.
- Free standard shipping for orders over US$100, delivery in 6–12 days
- Express shipping available for US$10, delivery in 3–6 days
- Sign up to the newsletter for free shipping on your first order
The official Reebok website, complete with Reebok kicks and activewear.
If you're a fan of Reebok then you'll already be familiar with its official online store, which stocks everything from footwear to apparel for men, women and kids.
- Free shipping on orders over $100
- Returns accepted within 60 days
- Official Reebok items
ASOS stocks top activewear brands such as Nike, Adidas and Puma.
While ASOS doesn't have a dedicated activewear section, it does stock a wide range of items from activewear lines including running shoes, leggings and hoodies.
- Free delivery on orders over $40
- 28-day returns
- 10% student discount
Although it started as a cycling shop, Wiggle now stocks high-impact activewear for a range of sports.
Wiggle is the place to go for everything bike plus award-winning customer service, and also stocks a large range of swimming, running and triathlon equipment and accessories.
- Free tracked delivery on orders over $99
- Local returns can be made from Australia Post
- Wiggle's price promise guarantees it will never be beaten on price on any item that is exactly the same
The iconic label is one of Aussies' favourite places to go for activewear.
Bonds has been producing and delivering casual wear, underwear and sportswear with a unique Aussie flavour for over 100 years, and continues to keep its price points relatively low, while producing high-quality items.
- Free standard shipping Australia-wide, delivery in 2–5 business days. No minimum required.
- Order tracking
- Express shipping for $9.95, delivery in 1–2 working days
- 30-day returns
Shop for laid-back activewear at City Beach’s online store.
City Beach is synonymous with easy surf, skate and street fashion, and features a large exercise-wear section stocking men's and women's clothing, shoes and accessories, as well as an area dedicated to yoga gear.
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- Standard postage delivery takes 7–10 days, Express Post takes 3–4 days
- 100-day exchanges and refunds
- 15% student discount
David Jones’ reputation for quality labels and big name brands also extends to its activewear section
Activewear labels at David Jones include Bonds, Berlei, Le Coq Sportif and Calvin Klein for women, and Boss, Bonds, Billionaire Boys Club, Adidas and Superdry for men.
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more and for David Jones American Express and store cardholders.
- Personal shopper
- Click and collect
A major Australian retail store with on-trend fashion and a dedicated active section for men and women.
General Pants' activewear line includes brands from The Upside, Globe and Stussy as well as its own brand, Studio, and you can find boardshorts and swimwear if you're a water baby.
- Free shipping on orders of $75 or more
- Returns accepted online or in-store
- VIP sales
An American-based store that stocks clothes for men and women with a focus on swimming and snow culture.
Pacsun stocks clothing that looks fresh and on-trend and has a section dedicated to clothing and accessories for swimming and snow activities.
- Free delivery on orders of $150 or more
- Sale section up to 50% off
New Zealand brand dedicated to menswear, and a selection of track pants and joggers to boot.
Hallenstein Brothers' activewear range might not be the largest you can find, but it punches high in the fashion stakes on everything from high-performance tights to track pants and hoodies.
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more
- Shop sportswear and high-quality suits at the same time
- Menswear only
Slip into Missguided's fashionable and affordable range of activewear.
Missguided carries an extensive collection of workout gear, offering swimwear, beachwear and activewear that includes yoga pants, sports bras, sneakers, jersey tops and leggings.
- Free shipping on orders over $80
- Orders tracking
- 15% student discount
Enjoy shopping for stylish activewear from this online retailing giant.
Urban Outfitters is a retail store specialising in youthful, hip and street-style fashion for men and women, and features an activewear section with exercise clothing, shoes, accessories and yoga-wear.
- In-country returns for Australians available for a US$5 fee. No postage fee required. Items can only be returned for a refund
- Free standard shipping for orders over $50. All other orders incur a $10 postage fee
- Express delivery available for US$40
Affordable and fashionable menswear for the street and the gym.
UK-based Topman has long been a fashion hub that always stays on-trend, and this extends to its line of activewear, which will keep you looking good while you sweat it out.
- Student discounts available
- 14-day returns
- Flat standard delivery rate to Australia of GBP£9
- 4-day express, tracked delivery to Australia costs GBP£20
An Australian activewear site dedicated to digitally printed, top-performing yoga-wear and accessories.
- Australian owned
- Free shipping on orders of $150 or more
- Digitally printed designs don't fade, crack or wash out
Guide: What to wear for different activities
If you're new to fitness you may not be sure what the essentials are for getting started. Here's a quick rundown of the must-haves.
Activewear for the gym and running
Your main requirements here are a good sweatshirt, shorts or track pants, and runners. A water bottle and towel are also a good bet.
Activewear for yoga
Look for yoga pants, crops and a good non-slip yoga mat. As you progress towards becoming a fully-fledged yogi, you can invest in yoga blocks and straps.
Swimming and surfing
A good-quality, comfortable swimsuit or pair of swimming trunks are the main things to purchase. Beyond that, consider a swimming cap, goggles and flippers.
Where can I find the type of workout gear I'm after?
If you're looking for workout gear for a specific sport, use this table to see who sells what:
|Gym / Running||Swimming / Surf||Yoga||Golf||Dance||Cycling||Ski / Snow||Tennis||Basketball||Skateboard|
|Sporting House Direct|
|Soccer||MTB||Cricket||Rugby Un.||Hockey / Netball||Volleyball||Boxing||AFL||Squash||Wrestling|
|Sporting House Direct|
Which of these retailers offers free delivery?
Nothing feels better when shopping online than realising you’ll get your goods delivered to your door – for free. Many online retailers ship for free when your order exceeds a certain amount.
- THE ICONIC: Orders over $50
- Target: Orders over $39
- Lorna Jane: Free shipping to Australia
- ASOS: Orders over $40
- Free People: Orders over $100
- City Beach: Orders over $75
- David Jones: Orders over $50. All orders are shipped for free for American Express and David Jones store cardholders
- Boohoo: Free standard shipping on all orders
- Missguided: Orders over $80
- Onsport.com.au: Orders over $75
- SurfStitch: Free express and standard shipping for orders over $25
- Sporting House Direct: Orders over $80
- Hallenstein Brothers: Orders over $50
- Mr Porter: Orders over £200
Which are the cheapest of these stores to buy activewear online?
After a bargain? Look for stores that have a sales section to get the best deals.
Sporting House Direct is an online outlet store, when means you can expect outlet prices when shopping online.
Bonds online store offers the Bonds in-house label at a lower price point in comparison with other big name brands.
SurfStitch's activewear sections are reasonably priced in the $40–$80 range, and you can often find coupon codes for THE ICONIC.
Stores such as David Jones and City Beach have frequent sales. Look out for David Jones sales on bras and underwear; it's the perfect time to stock up on sports bras, which normally can be quite expensive.
Missguided and Boohoo also offer extensive clearance sections where you can find some great deals.
Where can I buy plus-size activewear?
Activewear is for everyone. Here's who's selling fashionable gym gear online for curvy women and broader men:
Destination XL: Men's activewear and golf clothing available for sizes XL–7XLT
Missguided: Activewear available up to size 14, swimwear available up to size 24
New Look: Dedicated activewear section with sizes 18–32
City Chic: Swimwear in sizes 14+ available but no gym wear
Autograph Fashion: Swimwear in sizes 14–16 but no gym wear
M&S: Activewear section includes sizes up to 42
ASOS: Swimwear in sizes 18–30 but no activewear
Yours Clothing: Swimwear available in sizes 12–24 and a very restricted line of sporty crops
Millers: Swimwear available in sizes 14–22 but no activewear
Running Bare: Activewear in sizes 10–22.
Where can I buy stylish exercise and dance gear?
This is, of course, a matter of preference, but both THE ICONIC and Free People pride themselves on selling beautiful clothing, and this extends to their activewear sections. Their exercise gear is so chic, you'll want to where it all the time.
In late 2015, you'll get another option to choose from: Beyonce x Topshop. They're collaborating together to start a new exercise clothing brand, so you can get #FLAWLESSS while dressing like Queen Bey.
What do I need to look out for when buying exercise gear?
Function should always be an important factor when selecting activewear. Most online retailers offer a refund or exchange if something doesn’t fit. This is particularly important when buying items such as running shoes. Make sure when you try them on, you do so indoors, and don’t damage or otherwise alter the original state of the product.
Bulky items, like exercise equipment, might take longer to arrive or incur inflated shipping costs. Make sure you read the product description before purchasing, or consult the shipping page for more information.
Which websites will let me return gym gear if it doesn't fit?
The clothes you exercise in have to be the perfect fit; there's no point going for a run if your shorts are too loose. Be aware of the returns policy before you press the pay button.
THE ICONIC has one of the best returns policies around. It's free, it's valid for 100 days, and you can either get a full refund, or a 110% store credit.
SurfStitch gives you 100 days to change your mind (30 days on return items), and if you've spent over $99, it's free. David Jones lets you exchange items in-store.
Want to buy cheap exercise gear? Use one of our coupons:
Show code & visit siteIP****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Feature image: Lorna Jane