Looking for something stylish to work out in? Here are the best places to buy gym clothing and activewear online.
Just because you are going to get sweaty, doesn’t mean you can’t look good, right? What better motivation is there to hit the gym or make it to a yoga class than to debut your new workout gear?
You can do it in style thanks to these online retailers that offer fashionable and functional activewear.
Are you looking for specific activewear?
Top sites to buy gym gear and activewear online
Guide: What to wear for different activities
If you're new to fitness you may not be sure what the essentials are for getting started. Here's a quick rundown of the must-haves.
Activewear for the gym and running
Your main requirements here are a good sweatshirt, shorts or track pants, and runners. A water bottle and towel are also a good bet.
Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14
A.C.E. Sleeveless men's training tee
Response Shorts - Men's
Gymshark Women Elevate sports bra
Echt force shorts
Women running - Ultraboost shoes
Activewear for yoga
Look for yoga pants, crops and a good non-slip yoga mat. As you progress towards becoming a fully-fledged yogi, you can invest in yoga blocks and straps.
Nike Tech Knit T-Shirt
Nike Club Explode Shorts
Nike Training Big Mouth Water Bottle
Wunder Under 7/8 Tight Hi-Rise
Align Yoga mat
Fit Long Sleeve Gym Top
Swimming and surfing
A good-quality, comfortable swimsuit or pair of swimming trunks are the main things to purchase. Beyond that, consider a swimming cap, goggles and flippers.
Rhythm Cuba Trunk
Quiksilver Mens Heater Longsleeve Rash Vest
RIP CURL Dawn Patrol 1Mm Wetsuit Shorts
Flo Double Strap One Piece Cheeky
Offshore Bikini Top
Speedo Long Hair Cap
Which of these retailers offers free delivery?
Nothing feels better when shopping online than realising you’ll get your goods delivered to your door – for free. Many online retailers ship for free when your order exceeds a certain amount.
- THE ICONIC: Orders over $50
- Lorna Jane: Free shipping to Australia
- ASOS: Orders over $40
- City Beach: Orders over $75
- PUMA: Free on orders over $100.
- Boohoo: Free standard shipping on all orders
- Missguided: Orders over $80
- Surfstitch: Free express and standard shipping for orders over $25
- Gymshark: For orders over $120
- Cotton On: Free for orders over $55
- Lululemon: Free standard shipping to Aus
- Showpo: Free express shipping for orders over $50
Where can I buy plus-size activewear?
Activewear is for everyone. Here's who's selling fashionable gym gear online for curvy women and broader men:
- Missguided: Activewear available up to size 14, swimwear available up to size 24.
- ASOS: Activewear and swimwear up to size 30.
- Target Australia: Activewear and swimwear up to size 26.
- Nike: Activewear is available up to size 26.
- Adidas: Activewear up to size 22.
- Cotton On: Swimwear and activewear up to size XXL.
What do I need to look out for when buying exercise gear?
Function should always be an important factor when selecting activewear. Most online retailers offer a refund or exchange if something doesn’t fit. This is particularly important when buying items such as running shoes. Make sure when you try them on, you do so indoors, and don’t damage or otherwise alter the original state of the product.
Bulky items, like exercise equipment, might take longer to arrive or incur inflated shipping costs. Make sure you read the product description before purchasing, or consult the shipping page for more information.
Which websites will let me return gym gear if it doesn't fit?
The clothes you exercise in have to be the perfect fit; there's no point going for a run if your shorts are too loose. Be aware of the returns policy before you press the pay button.
- THE ICONIC has one of the best returns policies around. It's free, it's valid for 100 days, and you can either get a full refund, or a 110% store credit.
- Surfstitch gives you 100 days to change your mind (30 days on return items), and if you've spent over $99, it's free.
- PUMA offers a 50 day return policy.
- Rebel Sport allows you to return both in-store and online.
- ASOS has a great return policy. It's free and you have 28 days to do it.
- Gymshark lets you exchange for free, within 30 days from receiving your order.