Looking for something stylish to get that beach-bod in? Here are the best places to buy gym clothing and activewear online for your next run or gym session.
Just because you are going to get sweaty, doesn’t mean you can’t look good, right? And what better motivation to hit the gym or make that yoga class (aside from the impending marathon) than to debut your new workout gear? None, whatsoever.
Do it in style with these online retailers offering fashionable (and functional) activewear.
- Boohoo – FIT (women's)
- THE ICONIC – Sports section (men's and women's)
- Nike (men's and women's)
- Lorna Jane (women's only)
- Mr Porter (men's only)
- Onsport.com.au (men's and women's)
- Sporting House Direct (men's and women's)
- Rebel Sport (men's and women's)
- Eastbay (men's and women's)
- SurfStitch – Activewear section (men's and women's)
- Yogasmoga (men's and women's)
- Free People – Movement section (women's only)
- Reebok (men's and women's)
- Sweaty Betty (women's only)
- ASOS (men's and women's)
- Wiggle (men's and women's)
- Bonds (men's and women's)
- City Beach – Activewear section (men's and women's)
- David Jones – Sports and Activewear section
- General Pants (men's and women's)
- Pacsun (men's and women's)
- Hallenstein Brothers (men's)
- Missguided (women's only)
- Urban Outfitters – Activewear section (men's and women's)
- Topman (men's)
Top sites to buy gym gear and activewear online
Work on your fitness while wearing something from Boohoo's range.
Boohoo boats some of the latest styles in activewear for both men and women. Choose from items like sports tops, printed leggings, body suits and shorts in tons of different colours, sizes and styles.
- Free shipping on orders over $40
- Shop activewear for under $30
- Extensive clearance section
THE ICONIC offers on-trend activewear for men and women.
THE ICONIC has made a name for itself as the go-to online fashion store with top brands, a wide range, and excellent shipping policies for customers all over Australia. Its new activewear section stocks clothing, shoes and accessories for men and women who like to move it, and look good at the same time.
- 100-days to returns
- 3-hour delivery to Sydney metropolitan areas
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more
The super brand for athletes and fashion-savvy activewear shoppers.
Nike is a leading sports store that sells a wide range of fashionable and inspiring athlete equipment, apparel, and accessories
- Free shipping on orders of $100 or more
- Free same-day delivery in Melbourne
- Become a Nike Member for express checkout and order tracking
She has ALL the latest styles in activewear for women. Guaranteed.
Long-time Australian favourite Lorna Jane offers a wide range of workout gear for women in a range of styles, colours and sizes both in-store and online.
- This brand is dedicated to activewear for women
- Become a member for free and gain access to exclusive sales
- Free delivery on orders $150 or more to Australia and New Zealand
Looking for stylish men's clothes, shoes and fashion advice? Mr Porter has it all. He also has a dedicated section for sportswear.
Mr Porter knows sport. He knows the modern man understands the need to work out to look and will help you look fantastic whatever your sports choice with his range of tops, bottoms, shoes, equipment and accessories.
- High-end brands like Castelli, Lacoste and RLX Ralph Lauren
- Free shipping on orders over £200
- Sportswear for a variety of activities including cycling, running and tennis
- Sports watches available
Everything ‘workout’ is available at Onsport.com.au’s online store.
Onsport.com.au is an Australian based exercise online retailer specialising in sporting accessories, equipment and activewear for men, women and kids. The extensive range of choice includes sportswear and apparel, compression apparel, exercise and specialised gym equipment, running shoes, swimwear, fitness accessories, heart rate monitors, protein and nutritional supplements.
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- Free returns
- Earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points on purchases
Sporting House Direct
Enjoy outlet prices online with Sporting House Direct’s online shopping platform.
Sporting House Direct is an Australian based sporting outlet store, operating for over 40 years with retail locations in Sydney, Melbourne, the Gold Coast and Adelaide. Its entire product range of specialised sporting equipment, accessories and clothing is available at its online store.
- Free delivery for orders over $80. All other orders attract a $10 flat rate shipping fee
- Order tracking available
- Freight services used for bulky/ heavy items
- Same-day shipping for orders placed before 12pm
- Next-day shipping for orders placed after 12pm
- Buy now, pay later service available
Shop online with one of Australia’s leading exercise retailers.
With over 90 retail locations across the country and a customer focused online store, Rebel Sport is a leader in the Australian online market, providing activewear and exercise equipment for men and women. Rebel stocks a range of swimwear, footwear, and sporting equipment, as well as clothing and leisure products.
- Order tracking available
- Shipping takes 2–10 days for small items and 3–10 days for larger items
- Loyalty program provides subscribers with benefits like VIP deals and preferred pricing
Branded activewear for him and her like Nike, Quiksilver, Converse and more.
An international cult favourite, Eastbay stocks all the best wares and equipment for hot US sports like baseball, basketball, tennis, track and more. Oh, and did we mention that they're pretty on-the-button with the latest Jordan's and Adidas footwear?
- 24/7 phone customer service and live chat available
- Cheap branded shoes (and exclusive online pre-sales)
- Constantly offers coupons and discounts
Now riding high at the number one position among online surf wear retailers, SurfStitch’s humble beginnings were in a garage on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
SurfStitch literally has hundreds of surf and skate brands on its site, including a large sale section. Browse its activewear section for a selection of exercise clothes with that signature, laid-back Australian style.
- 100-day returns on full priced items
- 30-day returns on sale items
- Free express delivery to most Australian cities on orders over $25
Your #1 online destination dedicated to yoga-loving women and men.
YOGASMOGA is a brand not just designing and selling their own products "made from the heart with love" combining technology with style. They're also a wellness company with a vision to empower each individual's potential.
- Fabrics and garments are all environmentally sustainable and ethically produced in the USA
- Fabrics are produced from raw materials
- Delivery to Australian within 6-10 working days
Bohemian American fashion label Free People now supplies activewear worldwide.
Free People an American fashion label that has been around since the 70s. It’s known globally for its high quality apparel with a whimsical, bohemian twist. Now, fans of Free People can also get clothes for exercising in the online store’s new movement section. The clothes are designed with specifics in mind – browse through the yoga, dance, surf and run categories.
- Free standard shipping for orders of US$100 or more (arrives in 6–12 days)
- Express shipping available for US$10 (arrives in 3–6 days)
- Sign up to the newsletter for free shipping on your first order
The official Reebok website, complete with Reebok kicks and activewear.
If you're a fan of Reebok then you'll already be familiar with its official online store, which stocks everything from footwear to apparel for men, women and kids.
- Free shipping on orders of $100 or more
- Returns accepted within 60 days
- Official Reebok items
ASOS stocks top activewear brands like Nike, Adidas and Puma.
While ASOS might not have a dedicated activewear section, it does stock heaps of items from activewear lines including running shoes, leggings, hoodies and mores.
- Free delivery on orders of $40 or more
- 28 day returns
- 10% student discount
What started as a cycling shop has expanded into stocking high impact activewear for a range of sports.
Cycling enthusiasts, take note: Wiggle is where you want to get the goods. Their customer service and products on offer have won them plenty of awards in Australia. They're also a great stockists for all things swimming, running, and triathlon equipment and accessories.
- Free tracked delivery on orders over $99
- Local returns can be made from Australia Post
- The Wiggle price promise guarantees they will never be beaten on price on the exact same item
The iconic Aussie label is one of Australia’s favourite places to go for activewear.
Bonds is an Australian icon that's been producing and delivering casual wear, underwear and sportswear with that unique Aussie flavour for over 100 years. Bonds is based in Australia and keeps its price points relatively low, while still producing high quality items.
- Free standard shipping on all items Australia wide (2–5 business days). No minimum required.
- Online order tracking available
- Express shipping available for $9.95 (1–2 working days)
- 30-days returns
Shop for laid-back activewear at City Beach’s online store.
City Beach is now synonymous with easy surf, skate and street fashion. It also has a large exercise wear section, with mens and women's clothing, shoes, accessories, and a dedicated yoga wear category. Activewear labels stocked include Bounce, Billabong, Nike, and Hurley.
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- Standard postage take 7–10 days, Express Post takes 3–4 days
- 100-days exchanges and refunds
- 15% off student discount
David Jones’ activewear section just continues the trend for quality labels and big name brands that has earned the iconic department store its reputation.
Activewear labels at David Jones (DJs) include Bonds, Berlei, Le Coq Sportif and Calvin Klein for women, and Boss, Bonds, Billionaire Boys Club, Adidas and Superdry for men.
- Free delivery on orders of $50 or more and for DJ’s American Express and store card holders.
- Personal shopper available
- Click and collect available
A major Australian retail store with on-trend fashion and a dedicated active section for men and women.
General Pants' activewear line includes brands from The Upside, Globe, Stussy and its own line, Studio. It also sells boardshorts and swimwear for water babies.
- Free shipping on orders of $75 or more
- Returns accepted online or in-store
- VIP sales available
An American-based store that stocks clothes for men and women with a focus on swim and snow culture.
Pacsun keeps its looks fresh and on-trend. While it dedicates itself to fashion-forward pieces, it also has dedicated swim and snow clothing and accessories.
- Free shipping on orders of $150 or more
- PayPal accepted
- Sale section offers up to 50% off
New Zealand brand dedicated to menswear with a selection of track pants and joggers to boot.
The range might be minimal at Hallenstein Bros, but the fashion stakes are high. Available is everything from high performance tights to track pants and hoodies.
- Free delivery for orders of $50 or more
- Shop sportswear and high quality suits at the same time
- Menswear only
Slip into Missguided's range of activewear that's available online.
Offer a range of fashionable clothing at affordable prices, Missguided has an extensive collection of workout gear. Check out Missguided's selection of sportswear, which features yoga pants, sports bras, sneakers, jersey tops, leggings and much more.
- Free shipping on orders over $80
- Orders are tracked
- 15% student discount
Get stylish activewear from online retailing giant, Urban Outfitters.
Urban Outfitters is a retail store specialising in youthful, hip and street-style fashion for men and women. Its activewear section sells mens and women's exercise clothing, shoes, accessories and yoga wear.
- In-country returns for Australians available for a US$5 fee. No postage fee required. Items can only be returned for a refund
- Free shipping for orders over $50. All other orders incur a $10 postage fee
- Express delivery available for US$40
Affordable and fashionable menswear for the street and the gym.
UK-based Topman is the hub for fashion always keeping on-trend on on-topic. When it comes to activewear, it knows how to make you look good while sweating it out.
- Student discounts available
- 14-day returns
- Standard delivery to Australia is a flat £9
- Express and tracked delivery to Australia (4 days) is £20
An Australian activewear site dedicated to digitally printed top performing yoga wear and accessories.
- Australian owned
- Free shipping on orders of $150 or more
- Digitally printed designs that will not face, crack or wash out
Guide: What to wear for each activity
Starting to get fit but unsure what you need and what you can work towards? Here's a quick rundown of your must-haves.
Activewear for the gym and running
Your mains here are a good sweatshirt, shorts or trakkies and runners. A water bottle and towel will also not go astray.
Activewear for yoga
Look to yoga pants, crops and a good non-slip yoga mat. You might further like to invest in yoga blocks and straps as you become a fully fledged yogi.
Swimming and surfing
A good swimsuit or swimming trunks are exactly what you're after. Beyond that, consider purchasing a swim cap, goggles and flippers.
Where can you buy different types of workout gear?
Have a specific sport you're buying workout clothes and gear from? Use our table to see who sells what:
|Gym / Running||Swimming / Surf||Yoga||Golf||Dance||Cycling||Ski / Snow||Tennis||Basketball||Skateboard|
|Sporting House Direct|
|Soccer||MTB||Cricket||Rugby Un.||Hockey / Netball||Volleyball||Boxing||AFL||Squash||Wrestling|
|Sporting House Direct|
Which of these retailers offers free delivery?
Nothing feels better when shopping online than realising you’ll get your goods delivered to your door – for free. Many online retailers will ship for free when your order exceeds a certain amount.
- THE ICONIC: Orders over $50
- Target: Orders over $39
- Lorna Jane: Free shipping to Australia
- ASOS: Orders over $40
- Free People: Orders over $100
- City Beach: Orders over $75
- David Jones: Orders over $50. All orders are shipped for free for AMEX and David Jones store card holders
- Boohoo: Free standard shipping on all orders.
- Missguided: Orders over $80
- Onsport.com.au: Orders over $75
- Surfstitch: Free express and standard shipping for orders over $25
- Sporting House Direct: Orders over $80
- Hallenstein Brothers: Orders over $50
- Mr Porter: Orders of £200
Where are the cheapest places to buy activewear online from?
After a bargain? Look for stores that have a sales section to get the best deals.
Sporting House Direct is an online outlet store, when means that you can expect outlet prices when shopping online.
Bonds online store offers the Bonds in-house label at a lower price point in comparison with other big name brands.
Surfstitch's activewear sections are reasonably priced (in the $40–$80 price range), and you can often find coupon codes for THE ICONIC.
Stores such as David Jones and City Beach have frequent sales, which are great to take advantage of. For women, David Jones' sales on bras and underwear are the perfect time to stock up on sports bras, which can otherwise be quite expensive.
Missguided and Boohoo also offer extensive clearance sections where you can get some great deals.
Where can I buy plus size activewear?
Activewear is for everyone. Fact. Here's who's selling fashionable gym gear online for the curvy woman:
Destination XL: Men's activewear and golf clothing available for sizes XL-7XLT
Missguided: Activewear available in size 14, otherwise swimwear available up to size 24
New Look: Dedicated activewear section in sizes 18-32
City Chic: Swimwear in sizes 14+ available but no gym wear
Autograph Fashion: Swimwear in sizes 14-16 but no gym wear
M&S: Activewear section includes sizes up to 42.
ASOS: Swimwear in sizes 18-30 but no activewear.
Yours Clothing: Swimwear available in sizes 12-24 and a very restricted line of sporty crops
Millers: Swimwear available in sizes 14-22 but no activewear
Running Bare: Women's activewear for sizes 10-22.
Where can you buy stylish exercise and dance gear?
This is, of course, a matter of preference, but THE ICONIC and Free People both pride themselves on selling beautiful clothing. Their activewear sections are no different; this is exercise gear so nice, you'll want to where it all the time. Hey, no judgement!
In late 2015, you'll get another option to choose from: Beyonce x Topshop. They're collaborating together to start a new exercise clothing brand, so you can get #FLAWLESSS while dressing like Queen Bey.
What do you need to look out for when buying exercise gear?
When you are buying activewear, function should always be an important factor. Most online retailers will offer refunds or exchanges is something doesn’t fit. This is particularly important when buying items like running shoes. Make sure when you try them on, you do it inside and don’t damage or otherwise alter the original state of the product.
Bulky items, like exercise equipment, might take longer to arrive or incur inflated shipping costs. Make sure you read the product description before purchase, or consult the shipping page for more information.
Which websites will let you return your gym gear if it doesn't fit?
The clothes you exercise in have to have the perfect fit, right? There's no point going for a run if your shorts are falling down. So which websites will let you return your workout apparel, or better yet, exchange it for something that fits?
Without a doubt, THE ICONIC has the best returns policy around. It's free, it's valid for 100 days, and you can either get a full refund, or a 110% store credit. Winning, no?
SurfStitch gives you 100 days to change your mind (30 days on return items), and if you've spent over $99, it's be free. David Jones lets you exchange your items in-store.
Want to buy cheap exercise gear? Use one of our coupons:
Show code & visit siteIP****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Feature image: Lorna Jane