Action Cash Loans
Borrow up to $5,000 and have up to 12 months to repay when you borrow from Action Cash Loans.
Action Cash Loans is now no longer in operation - this page is for historical reference only
Are you looking for quick, convenient financing in your local area? Action Cash Loans offers loans of between $500 and $5,000 that can help you fund a range of personal purposes. Whether you’re caught short before payday or need to cover a large purchase, you may want to consider this short-term loan solution.
Maximum loan amount
Term of loan
|Product Name||Action Cash Loans|
|Minimum loan amount||$500|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Loan term||6-12 months|
|Turnaround time||24 hours|
|Costs||Varies on loan amount|
|Requirements||You must be 18+ and have minimum 3 months of sufficient wages.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
- Action Cash Loans are now no longer in operation. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested.
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does a loan from Action Cash Loans?
You can apply online by filling out an enquiry form, and a representative will get in contact with you by phone. You can also apply by visiting a branch or calling Action Cash Loans directly. If your application is approved, your loan can be funded within 24 hours. Repayments are made directly from your account on your next payday or the payday that you nominate.
Features of a loan from Action Cash Loans
Some of the features on offer include:
- Application options. You can apply online by submitting an enquiry, apply directly over the phone or by visiting an Action Cash branch.
- Fast turnaround. You can apply online and you’ll usually be informed of the outcome on the same day. If approved, you’ll receive your funds within 24 hours.
- Loan choices. There are both secured and unsecured loan options available, making them suitable for a range of borrowers.
- Loan amount and terms. You can borrow between $500 and $5,000 for terms between 6-12 months.
- Repayments. Your repayments are deducted automatically out of your nominated account on the day you receive your pay.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
Here’s how you can apply
You have a few options for how you can submit your application. You can make an online enquiry to have a member of the Action Cash Loans team contact you, or you can call or visit a branch directly to apply. Visit the Action Cash Loans website to find branch locations.
You’ll need to meet certain eligibility criteria to proceed with the application. You must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have resided in the local area for a minimum of three months
- Have worked in your current occupation for a minimum three months if receiving wages
- Be receiving a sufficient income to repay the loan
If you meet this criteria, you can continue with the application process. You’ll need to provide the following documents to complete the process:
- Photo identification, such as your driver’s licence, passport or proof of age card
- Medicare card
- Proof of your income in the form of three payslips and/or Centrelink income statement
- Rent receipt or rates notice
- Bank statements for the last 90 days
- The name and address of three contacts not currently residing with you
While this is a flexible and competitive loan offering, compare it with other loans before submitting your application.