Take out a socially responsible investment loan with .act and benefit from a competitive rate and flexible repayment options.
The act. Variable Investor Home Loan offers a range of features to help you purchase an investment property or land. With a competitive variable rate of 4.3% p.a., the loan has a maximum LVR of 80% and allows you to make unlimited additional repayments. A linked offset account is also offered to help minimise the amount of interest you will have to pay on the funds you borrow. With flexible repayment options, the loan also includes an interest-only option of up to 10 years.
act. is a division of Community Sector Banking Pty Ltd and it allows you to earn a share of the bank’s profits which can be used to fund social projects.
|Product Name||act. Variable Investor Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||4.30%|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)||4.45%|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||80%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$10 monthly ($120 p.a.)|
- Interest only options for up to 10 years
- 100% offset account
- Suitable for investors
- Ongoing fee of $10 per month
- Settlement fee of $100
- Maximum LVR of 80%
Things to consider about the act. Variable Investor Home Loan
Available for the purchase of an investment property or land, this loan allows you to pay it off over a maximum period of 30 years. Principal and interest or interest-only repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly, while the ability to make unlimited additional repayments can help you get out of debt as soon as possible.
A linked 100% offset account is offered to keep your interest repayments to a minimum.
Features of the act. Variable Investor Home Loan
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 80% LVR with this loan.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account is offered with the act. Variable Investor Home Loan so you can minimise the amount of interest payable over the life of your loan.
- Additional repayment flexibility. You can make unlimited additional repayments towards this loan at any time without incurring any penalty, which means you can pay off your investment loan as quickly as possible.
- Repayment schedules. Choose from a weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment schedule so you can pay off the loan at a pace that suits your budget and investment needs.
- Repayment options: Select either principal and interest or interest-only repayment options to suit your cashflow and income stream. This loan also includes an interest-only option of up to 10 years.
- Redraw facility. A free online redraw facility is offered to allow you to access your additional repayments, however be mindful that manual redraws will incur a fee.
- Fixed rate lock. This loan features a fixed rate lock which ensures that your investment loan will not exceed the pre-approved maximum and you can benefit from rate decreases.
Fees for the act. Variable Home Loan
Fees you can avoid
- Online redraw fee: $0
- Additional repayment fee: $0
- LMI: $0 because your LVR is limited to less than 80% LVR
- Offset account fee: $5 per month. This is only charged if you opt for a 100% offset account - the partial account comes with no monthly fees.
- Application fee: $150. This fee covers the costs associated with setting up your loan, but is waived if you submit your application before 18 December 2015.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Monthly fee: A monthly $10 account-keeping fee is charged to absorb the administrative costs associated with maintaining your account.
- Valuation fee: The valuation fee is charged when the lender utilises a third party to evaluate the property you are buying.
- Document preparation fee: $100- $600. The fee charged for preparing your loan documents, which varies depending on the complexity of your documents.
- Settlement fee: $100. The settlement fee covers the cost of processing the settlement of your loan.
- Discharge administration fee: $250. This fee is paid to cover the cost of preparing your loan discharge documents.
How to apply for the act. Variable Home Loan
If you’ve compared a range of options and decided that the act. Variable Investor Home Loan is right for you, click the "Apply Now" link on this page to be redirected to the online application form. Alternatively, you can call act. directly to apply over the phone.
In order to be eligible for this loan, you need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- In paid employment
- Listed on the loan as a borrower
While completing the application form you’ll need to provide a range of personal information such as:
- Your full name, address and contact details
- Your income and employment details
- Your Medicare information
- Your driver’s licence or passport number
- Details of your assets and liabilities
With a rate of 4.3% p.a., the act. Variable Investor Home Loan is a competitive home loan with a range of useful features, including the ability to choose an interest-only option of up to 10 years. Just ensure that you compare a range of other investor loans on the market before deciding on whether or not this is the right loan to finance an investment property or loan.