act. Secured Personal Loan
act. lets you finance a new or used car at a competitive rate while giving you dollars to put towards a social cause.
act. is no longer operatingAs of 28 February 2018 act. is no longer in business. Existing act. accounts will continue to operate as normal for the time being, but you can find more information on act.'s website. This page reflects past act. product information.
From 7.79% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
What you should know about the loan
You'll need to borrow a minimum of $2,000 with this loan and you need to use this amount to buy a new or used vehicle or refinance an existing car loan. The rate of 7.79% p.a. is fixed and stays in place for the term of the loan, which can be for between 1 to 7 years. If you're looking to finance a motorbike, caravan or something similar, you can consider act. Unsecured Personal Loan.
Features and benefits
- Interest rate. This loan comes with a fixed rate of 7.79% p.a.
- Repayment flexibility. Depending on what suits you best you can make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can also make unlimited extra repayments without penalty.
- Online redraw. Make as many extra repayments as you want knowing that you can access them for free using the online redraw facility.
- Loan term. You have your choice of loan term between 1 to 7 years.
- Loan amount. The minimum available loan amount is $2,000.
Fees and charges to consider
What you will be charged
- Application fee: $150
- $100 for document preparation
- Monthly service fee: $5
- Security registration fee: At the rate applicable in your state
What you might be charged
- Statutory fees and charges
- Early repayment fee:
How you can apply for an act. Secured Personal Loan
If you're looking to submit an application for this loan, you can click 'Go to Site' to get the process started. The following eligibility criteria will need to be met:
- Over the age of 18
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- In paid employment
- Applying with no more than one other person and are listed on the loan as a borrower
- Have no defaults, court judgements or bankruptcies listed on your credit file
- Not applying for business or commercial reasons
You'll need your identification, financial and employment details handy to complete the application.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.