Enjoy a competitive variable rate and flexible features with a Variable Home Loan from act.
The act. Variable Home Loan combines a range of features to help you buy your next home as quickly and easily as possible. With a competitive variable rate that differs depending on the amount you borrow, the loan has a maximum LVR of 95% and allows you to make unlimited additional repayments. A linked offset account is also offered to help minimise the amount of interest you will have to pay on the funds you borrow.
act. is a division of Community Sector Banking Pty Ltd and it offers a unique benefit to its customers: home loan borrowers (and other customers) earn a share of the bank’s profits which they can use to fund social projects.
|Product Name||act. Residential Variable Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$10 monthly ($120 p.a.)|
- High maximum LVR of 95%
- Unlimited additional repayments
- 100% offset account
- Application fee of $150
- Settlement fee of $100
- Document processing fee of $100 - $600
- Monthly fee of $10
Things to consider about the act. Variable Home Loan
Available for the purchase of residential properties, this loan allows you to pay it off for a maximum of 30 years. Principal and interest repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly, while the ability to make unlimited additional repayments can help you get out of debt as soon as possible. A linked 100% offset account is offered to keep your interest repayments to a minimum, while lenders’ mortgage insurance (LMI) is required if you borrow more than 80% LVR. A range of other discounts are also offered to customers, including fee-free transactions on eligible act. transaction accounts. The loan is issued and backed by Bendigo Bank.
Features of the act. Variable Home Loan
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 95% LVR with this loan, but if you borrow more than 80% LVR you will need to cover the cost of LMI. If you’re purchasing vacant land, the maximum LVR is 90%.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account is offered with the act. Variable Home Loan so you can keep your interest repayments to a minimum.
- Additional repayment flexibility. You can make unlimited additional repayments towards this loan at any time without incurring any penalty.
- Repayment schedules. Choose from a weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment schedule so you can pay off the loan at a pace that suits your budget.
- Redraw facility. A free online redraw facility is offered to allow you to access your additional repayments, however manual redraws will incur a fee.
- Discounts. This loan features fee-free transactions on an eligible act. transaction account and free home insurance from the date of your contract until settlement when you purchase a home and contents insurance policy.
Fees of the act. Variable Home Loan
Fees you can avoid
- Online redraw fee: $0
- Additional repayment fee: $0
- LMI: $0 if you borrow less than 80% LVR
- Offset account fee: $5 per month. This is only charged if you opt for a 100% offset account - the partial account comes with no monthly fees.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Application fee: $150. This fee covers the costs associated with setting up your loan.
- Monthly fee: $10 per month.
- Valuation fee: On application. The valuation fee is charged when the lender utilises a third party to evaluate the property you are buying.
- Document preparation fee: $100- $600. The fee charged for preparing your loan documents varies depending on the complexity of your documents.
- Settlement fee: $100. The settlement fee covers the cost of processing the settlement of your loan.
- Discharge administration fee: $250. This fee is paid to cover the cost of preparing your loan discharge documents.
How to apply for the act. Variable Home Loan
If you’ve compared a range of options and decided that the act. Variable Home Loan is ideal for your borrowing requirements, click the ‘Apply Now’ link on this page to be redirected to an online application form. Alternatively, you can phone act. directly to apply over the phone. In order to be eligible for this loan you will need to be:
- Over 18 years of age
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- In paid employment
- Listed on the loan as a borrower
You’ll also need to have a good credit history and not be taking out the loan for commercial purposes. While completing the application form you’ll need to provide a range of personal information such as:
- Your full name, address and contact details
- Your income and employment details
- Your Medicare information
- Your driver’s licence or passport number
- Details of your assets and liabilities
The act. Variable Home Loan is worth considering if you’re looking for a competitive home loan with a host of useful features. Just make sure to see how it stacks up against other variable loans before choosing the best loan to finance your purchase of a residential property.