For relaxation and peace of mind on your next overseas holiday, check out ACE's Leisure Travel Insurance policy.
Holidays are expensive, which is why ACE Leisure Travel Insurance has created a travel insurance policy that covers:
- Overseas medical expenses. Your ACE Leisure Travel Insurance covers an unlimited amount of overseas medical expenses that happen as a result of an accident, illness or disease.
- Dental cover. You can receive a benefit if you require emergency dental work while travelling.
- Additional expenses. ACE Leisure Travel Insurance covers you for reasonable additional transport expenses to allow you to resume your journey if it is disrupted. Eligible disruptions include illness or death of a relative or business partner at home. Reasonable accommodation costs can also be covered for a relative who travels to accompany you.
- Death cover. Your travel insurance includes a death benefit if you die while travelling.
- Cancellation and lost deposits. If you are forced to cancel your travel plans for reasons outside of your control, you can be reimbursed for deposits and cancellation fees that you cannot recover from your agent.
- Luggage and travel documents. You are covered for the loss, theft or damage to your luggage items, including electrical equipment. You will also be paid a delayed luggage allowance if your luggage is delayed for more than 24 hours.
Additional assistance offered by ACE
ACE Insurance has a 24 hour emergency phone line so you can reach a support team of medical experts who can provide you with a referral if you become ill or injured while travelling.
With ACE Leisure Travel Insurance the following services are just a phone call away, wherever you are in the world:
- Medical assistance. ACE Leisure Travel Insurance has a team of medical experts on call for you, to offer emergency medical consultations and advice, provide you with a medical referral 24 hours a day, offer medical monitoring, and help you to liaise with your family GP back home.
- Hospital and evacuation. You can also request medical repatriation, or be evacuated home. ACE Leisure Travel Insurance guarantees your hospital or medical expenses, and organise the return of mortal remains where required.
- Emergency documentation and liaison. Non-medical emergencies can be just as stressful and detrimental to your holiday plans, so ACE Leisure Travel Insurance can also provide help with lost documentation, ticket replacement and emergency travel or accommodation arrangements. The experts at the ACE Insurance Assistance line can also help with consular referral and liaison.
What's not included in this policy?
Every insurance policy will have conditions and exclusions, so it is important you understand the limitations of your cover with ACE before you set off. For example, your ACE Leisure Travel Insurance will not cover you for:
- Uninsured events. You cannot claim the costs or a benefit for any expenses that you occur outside of the cover period.
- Unlicensed air travel. You are not covered for incidents which occur on an aircraft that is not a fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft.
- War and hostilities. You are not covered by your ACE Leisure Travel Insurance in the event of war – declared or not – invasion, acts of a foreign enemy, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
- Nuclear reaction. Including contamination, ionising rays or radioactivity.
- Law enforcement and detention. No loss is covered if it is the result of detention, confiscation or destruction by customs or other authorities. You are also not covered if you break the law and are dishonest in your statement and submissions to authorities.
- Doctor’s orders. If you book your travel against the advice of your doctor, or after you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, or if you have a pre-existing condition, your travel will not be covered by ACE.
- Pregnancy. You and those under your policy are not covered for issues arising from pregnancy while travelling, if you knew about the pregnancy before being issued the policy, if you have already experienced complications with your pregnancy, where the conception was medically assisted or if the pregnancy is past the 24th week.
- Suicide or anxiety. Suicide, attempted suicide or self inflicted injuries are not covered by your travel insurance. Nor are you covered for travel exhaustion, the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases, virus, alcohol abuse or non-prescription drugs. You will not be reimbursed for cancellation or additional expenses if you suffer nervous, anxiety or stress disorders which stop you from completing your journey.
- Dangerous activities. Your ACE Leisure Travel Insurance does not cover you to participate in hunting, racing, polo, hang gliding, professional sports, mountaineering, rock climbing, bungee jumping, abseiling, ballooning, parachuting, paragliding or scuba diving unless you are with a qualified instructor. You are not covered for motorcycle riding unless the vehicle has a capacity of 200cc or less and you have a current motorcycle license.
How do I make a claim?
ACE Insurance is dedicated to making the claims process as fast and simple as possible. To make a claim on your ACE Leisure Travel Insurance policy:
- Advise ACE Insurance of the event within 30 days.
- Provide all supporting documentation such as medical reports, police reports, declarations, receipts, valuations and other relevant evidence.
- Request that any liability claims against you be put in writing, and do not make any admissions or offers without the approval of your insurer.
- Report the loss of luggage or travel documents to local authorities and your transport provider, and seek written acknowledgment.
- Report the loss or damage of luggage to the airline carrier as they may be responsible and can be held liable.
- Submit any overseas medical claims to your private health insurance company before lodging a claim with ACE Insurance.
- Download the claim form from the ACE website.
- Contact ACE Assistance if you have questions or need help completing your claim form.
- Return your completed claim form via email, fax or mail.
Every journey tells its own story and every experience is unique, so to make sure you bring back only positive stories and experiences from your travels, compare ACE travel insurance as you’re packing up your other travelling essentials.Back to top