With ACE Business Travel Insurance you'll feel comfortable knowing your employees and business are covered.
As a business owner, you can be faced with a lot of responsibilities on any given day. But if there’s one thing you don’t ever want to have to put on your to-do list, it’s trying to help a stranded employee on his or her work trip halfway across the world because of a delay, theft, or even worse, a medical emergency.
Like with any important trip, it’s essential that you are prepared for any unforeseen disasters with a high-quality travel insurance. If you’re sending one of your best employees to a crucial meeting with a client, you’d want to uphold the highest level of duty of care and make sure that your employee arrives safe and sound, prepared and ready to close that deal.
As one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers with over 50 years of experience, ACE Insurance is a solid choice for ensuring you’re protected against all odds on your next business trip.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What does ACE's Business Travel Insurance cover?
To make sure that nothing comes between you and the important business that you have to attend to, ACE Business Travel Insurance covers you for:
- Personal Accident and Sickness: You can be eligible for a lump sum or weekly benefits if you or your employee suffers from a bodily injury or sickness that is covered by ACE Business Travel Insurance. Extra benefits may also be available for claim in the case of disability.
- Kidnap and Ransom/Extortion Cover: In the event that you or your employee is subject to a kidnapping during your trip, ACE Insurance will cover a certain amount for your extortion or ransom.
- Hijack and Detention: If you or your employee are hijacked and detained for more than 12 hours during your trip, ACE Insurance will pay an agreed daily amount.
- Medical and Additional Expenses, Cancellation and Curtailment Expenses: Depending on your cover, ACE Insurance will pay for medical and additional expenses if you or your employee dies or suffers a bodily injury or sickness during their trip and for the additional or cancelled travel, hotel or out-of-pocket expenses occurred.
- ACE Assistance: As an ACE Insurance customer, you’ll be eligible to receive 24/7 Emergency Assistance during your trip. See a complete overview in the next section.
- Loss of Deposits: If you lose your advanced travel and accommodation payments due to an unforeseen circumstance, ACE Insurance will reimburse you for the cost, including the retail price of any airline ticket purchased using Frequent Flyer or other reward points.
- Baggage/Business Property, Electronic Equipment, Deprivation of Baggage and Money/Travel Documents: If your baggage, business property, electronic equipment or money or travel documents are lost, stolen or damaged during your trip, ACE Insurance will have you covered.
- Alternative Employee/Resumption of Assignment Expenses: If your chosen employee dies or suffers a serious injury or sickness, ACE Insurance will cover you for the expenses of sending an alternative employee or the resumption of the original assignment.
- Personal Liability: ACE Insurance will cover you for damages you are legally liable to pay for occurring from bodily injury to another person or the loss or damage of property, if it was an accident. You may also be covered for approved legal costs and expenses.
- Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver: If your rental car is stolen, damaged or involved in an accident during your trip, ACE Insurance will pay for the rental vehicle excess.
- Extra Territorial Worker’s Compensation: Under certain covered circumstances, you may be covered for non-statutory workers compensation benefits.
- Missed Transport Connection: If you accidentally miss a transport connection but can take alternative public transport to get to your original destination on time, ACE Insurance will cover you for any extra expenses occurred as a result.
- Overbooked Flight: If you or your employee are denied boarding because the flight was overbooked and no alternatives are arranged within 8 hours of the scheduled departure, ACE Insurance will cover you for up to $2,500.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: If you or your employee need to return to your home country or the nearest place of safety immediately because of a major natural disaster, ACE Insurance will cover certain costs.
- Search and Rescue Expenses: If you or your employee are reported missing during your trip and a search and rescue operation becomes necessary by police orders, you will be covered for up to $20,000 per each person, up to a maximum of $100,000.
What assistance is included?
ACE Insurance knows that when you’re off on a business trip, you could be working in completely different time zones, outside of the normal Australian working hours.
That’s why ACE Insurance offers 24/7 Emergency Assistance with reverse charge calls, so that you can receive professional emergency assistance wherever you may be in the world.
Ace Insurance Emergency Assistance includes help with things such as:
- Emergency medical consultation and support: Emergency medicine medical specialists on call 24/7 to provide you with medical support
- 24hr medical referral: Assistance with referral to a hospital, medical facility, dentist, physician or pharmacy
- Medical monitoring: Maintaining contact with you and your attending physician if you are hospitalised
- Medical repatriation/evacuation service: Arrangements to repatriate you on a commercial or private aircraft with an appropriate medical escort if an evacuation becomes necessary
- Return of mortal remains: Co-ordinating the repatriation of your remains in the event of your death
- Guarantee of hospital/medical expenses: A letter of guarantee to the hospital covering all reasonable charges if you become hospitalised
- Liaison with family physician: Acting as a liaison point between your family physician, relatives and friends
- Lost document and ticket replacement assistance: Assistance in locating or replacing and forwarding your travel ticket, passport or visa if it is stolen or lost while travelling
- Consular referral/liaison: Contacting local police, diplomatic contacts and/or airline personnel to help you find lost items
To get in touch with ACE Insurance Emergency Assistance, simply contact your local operator and ask for a reverse charge call to +61 2 8907 5666. No matter what time it is in Australia, there’ll always be a helpful, experienced emergency assistance professional on the other side of the line, guaranteed.
What's excluded from the policy?
As with any insurance policy, there are some general exclusions that you should be aware of.
Under the ACE Business Travel Insurance, a covered individual will not be able to receive benefits for any loss, damage, liability, event, bodily injury or sickness if:
- It is a result of them flying an aircraft or aerial device other than as a passenger in an aircraft licensed to carry passengers
- It is a result of them training for or participating in Professional Sport of any kind
- It results from war, civil war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power in Australia, their country of residence, or in Afghanistan, Chad, Chechnya, Ivory Coast, Democratic, Republic of Congo, Iraq, Israel, Somalia or Sudan
- It would result in ACE Insurance violating the 1973 Health Insurance Act, the 2007 Private Health Insurance Act or the 1953 National Health Act
- The incident occurs when they are 80 years old or over
- They are over 75 years old and claiming for Permanent Total Disablement or Temporary Total or Partial Disablement
It’s a good idea to read the complete Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure that you and your business’ needs will still be protected, even with specific exclusions in place.
How to make a claim
Had an incident and need to make a claim under the ACE Business Travel Insurance?
When you’re done exclaiming a quick “Phew!” and sighing a breath of relief with the knowledge that you’ll be covered under the ACE Business Travel Insurance, you’ll need to contact ACE Insurance within 30 days or as soon as feasibly possible after the incident has occurred.
Because ACE Insurance is committed to responding to your claim as promptly as possible, their preferred method of contact is via email. Find the appropriate contact on the ACE Insurance website under ‘Claims for Business’ and email your completed claim report form along with any relevant certificates and documents to inform ACE Insurance of your incident.
In your claim report, you will need to provide:
- Your company name
- The class of business to which the new claim relates
- The Policy Number if you know it
- Full contact details of the person within your company who can respond to enquiries relating to the claim
Once everything is received by ACE Insurance, you will receive a formal confirmation of receipt within 5 business days with your claim number and the name of the ACE employee who will be handling your claim.
With such an extensive level of protection for all sorts of possible situations and the reassuring 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance, ACE Business Travel Insurance will have you and your employees covered for your next business trip so you can give your full attention to your client and focus on scoring that killer business deal.