Absolver shows off its fashion sense in new character customisation video
Beating up fools is always better when you do it in style.
The latest trailer for the upcoming online brawler Absolver has given us a glimpse of the game's clothing options, and boy, there are a whole lot of them. From gloves and belts to Mad Max-style shoulder pads, the customisation seems almost as deep as the game's promising melee combat.
The fashion isn't just for show, either. Every shirt, vest and helmet you don has a distinct weight and defensive capabilities, and these will affect your speed and agility in combat. Certain attacks will be more effective when wearing heavier or lighter armour, too, adding even more tactical depth to your choice of outfit.
The trailer promises thousands of unique combinations will be available to players, with new gear hidden throughout the ruins of the Adal Empire and rewarded for victory in combat against both AI and other players. Given Absolver's persistent online world and its emphasis on fighting with and against your friends, this wealth of customisation could be crucial for letting you forge a character that feels truly your own.
We spent some time with Absolver last year, and even from our brief hands-on, we were eager to see more.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits