Absolver shows off its fashion sense in new character customisation video
Beating up fools is always better when you do it in style.
The latest trailer for the upcoming online brawler Absolver has given us a glimpse of the game's clothing options, and boy, there are a whole lot of them. From gloves and belts to Mad Max-style shoulder pads, the customisation seems almost as deep as the game's promising melee combat.
The fashion isn't just for show, either. Every shirt, vest and helmet you don has a distinct weight and defensive capabilities, and these will affect your speed and agility in combat. Certain attacks will be more effective when wearing heavier or lighter armour, too, adding even more tactical depth to your choice of outfit.
The trailer promises thousands of unique combinations will be available to players, with new gear hidden throughout the ruins of the Adal Empire and rewarded for victory in combat against both AI and other players. Given Absolver's persistent online world and its emphasis on fighting with and against your friends, this wealth of customisation could be crucial for letting you forge a character that feels truly your own.
We spent some time with Absolver last year, and even from our brief hands-on, we were eager to see more.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?