A new batch of legendary Pokémon are now available in Pokémon GO
Three new legendaries will be up for capture over the next few months.
With Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres leaving Pokémon GO today, a whole new squad of legendary Pokémon are coming to take their place. Raikou, Entei and Suicune, the legendary dogs Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, will start popping up in Raid Battles around the world from today onwards.
Unlike previous legendaries, the canine trio will be touring the world in stages, with each of the three confined to a particular region for a month before moving onto the next one. For September, the Asia-Pacific region will encounter the water-type Suicune, while Raikou will hang out in the Americas and Entei will patrol Europe and Africa.
At the beginning of October, all three will swap locations and spend the next month roaming their new homes before swapping again at the beginning of November.
Along with the new legendaries, developer Niantic will be testing out EX Raid Battles in select Gyms across the world. EX Raid Battles are exclusive time-limited Raid Battles featuring rare Pokémon and will eventually be rolled out worldwide after this testing phase.
If you haven't had your fill of augmented reality games, you might want to take a look at the upcoming The Walking Dead: Our World, which adds zombies to the Pokémon GO formula.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits