UBank UHomeLoan Fixed Rate
The UBank UHomeLoan Fixed Rate can give you the security of knowing your interest rate won't change
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the UBank UHomeLoan Fixed Rate?
The UBank UHomeLoan Fixed Rate loan is suitable for refinancing and new purchases. This means if you're currently paying a higher rate of interest with another lender, you could save money by refinancing with UBank. You'll reduce the amount of interest you pay on your mortgage, slashing your monthly repayments.
- Split loan options: You're able to split your loan so that a portion of it is set at the fixed rate, while the remaining portion stays on a variable rate. UBank will allow up to four account splits, which can be great for people wanting separated payment or accounting arrangements for investment or personal uses.
- No monthly account fees: This saves you over the course of the life of the loan.
- No application fees: There are no application fees for the UBank UHomeLoan; however, you will have to pay a $395 fee to lock in your rates in case rates rise before your loan has settled.
- Maximum loan-to-value ration of 80%: The minimum loan amount available is $100,000. The maximum loan amount is capped at $2,000,000.
- Payments can be set to principal and interest: This means a portion of every payment you make covers the interest due and the remaining portion reduces your initial balance.
- Repayment flexibility: Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Making more regular repayments saves you more money in interest, and can better suit how you're paid.
- Fees may apply: Keep in mind that break fees may apply if you pay off your fixed rate home loan early. This may include selling the property or refinancing your loan over to another lender before the end of the fixed term. If you know you're likely to sell your home within that time, you may benefit by choosing a shorter fixed rate term or remaining on a variable rate so you can avoid break fees.
- Additional repayments: If your loan was approved on or after 28 September 2013, you can make up to $20,000 in additional repayments during the fixed term. For all other loans you may be charged break fees for making additional payments into your fixed rate home loan. If you want to make additional repayments you may want to consider choosing a split facility. If you make additional repayments on the variable rate portion of your loan, you can apply to have your remaining payments recalculated. This may be a considerable benefit if you happen to receive a large lump sum that you want to pay into your mortgage. UBank will work out your reduced repayment amounts and the remaining loan term based on your new balance.
- Accessibility: You can access your home loan account at any time using UBank's secure online banking portal. You can log in and view your statements, as well as see any payments you've made and interest amounts charged. You can also change your payment frequency via your online banking account.
Note: There is no redraw facility available on a fixed rate home loan with UBank. The redraw feature is only available on variable rate home loans, so if you wish to use this facility you may need to think about splitting your loan.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Break costs Varies $. You will need to pay break costs if you intend to repay all or any part of your loan early.
- Application fee $395. This fee is charged to protect against any interest rate change.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this loan, please click 'go to site' to be safely redirected to the application page. The online application form is secure so your information is always kept completely confidential. You must be over 18 years of age at the time you apply, and you need to be a permanent resident of Australia. If you're currently an American resident, UBank advises that you get in touch with them directly to start an application.
- You have an Australian residential address
- You're currently receiving PAYG income from an employer as your primary source of income. Please note that rental income, unemployment benefits, superannuation, pension and family payments are not considered as a primary source of income.
- You have never been declared bankrupt and you've never committed a financial crime
You will need to provide
- Your mobile phone number and email address. If you're opening a joint application, both applicants will need to have different email addresses.
- If you intend to refinance, a recent home loan statement
- Details about your income, assets and expenditures
You can track your application process online to see whether your application is being assessed, whether further information is required or if it's moved on to the approval stage.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.34% p.a. and a 2.34% p.a. comparison rate.