These sites offer innovative and rigorous online yoga classes with industry-leading teachers worldwide.
Additional reporting by Kate Syme-Lamont
Benefits to introducing a daily yoga and meditation routine include increased strength and flexibility, a calm and focused state of mind and improved sleep. But sometimes getting to a daily class or staying motivated to practice and improve on your own is difficult.
Whether you already practice or you’re just starting, attending yoga classes online can be a great way to introduce and maintain a daily routine. These sites offer a range of different yoga styles including hatha, ashtanga, vinyasa and yin, and cater to a variety of skill levels from beginner to advanced.
Yogaia is a subscription-based service that offers interactive live classes via streaming or download, as well as an app so you can attend classes while on the go. You can choose your class by duration (10 minutes to 90 minutes), desired outcome (for example, stress relief or core strength), yoga style or skill level.
- Cost per month: $24.99 per month on a month-by-month basis, $18.99 per month for a 3-month subscription or $12.49 per month for a 12-month subscription.
- Features: Flexible membership options, a free trial, 50% off the first three months of a paid subscription, meditation classes, a highly-rated mobile app, the option for live classes with a webcam and you can choose to cancel at anytime.
An international teacher training studio and yoga education centre, Druyoga offers an extensive selection of online yoga classes with hundreds of streamed videos. Search for classes by theme, including “trim and fit”, quick classes, energising classes, workplace classes and meditation.
- Cost per month: £9.99 (approximately $16) per month.
- Features: A two-month free trial, search for classes by theme, free videos available and the option to cancel anytime.
Subscribers to Yogaglo can enjoy unlimited access to more than 4,000 classes suitable for any skill level from beginner to advanced. Search for specially designed classes for travel, parents, pregnancy, runners and meditation among others.
- Cost per month: US$18 (approximately $22) per month.
- Features: A range of class duration times from 5-120 minutes, classes available across multiple devices, a 15-day free trial and you can opt to cancel anytime.
EkhartYoga offers a month-to-month plan with over 2,500 videos of vinyasa, ashtanga, meditation and more, with a variety of themes, duration times and skill levels. Planned programs, such as a 30-day course of morning yoga, recipes and healthy living blogs are also available with a subscription.
- Cost per month: €12.50 (approximately $19).
- Features: More than 2,500 videos, a free trial available, the option to cancel anytime, your first month for €1 (approximately $1.50) and guided meditation classes.
Curvy Yoga Studio is a body-positive studio that offers a range of online yoga classes at various skill levels, for people who may need to modify some poses to accommodate for a larger frame.
- Cost per month: US$20 (approximately $25).
- Features: A limited membership is available for free, there’s online community support and a health forum.
Do Yoga With Me offers a massive collection of videos for beginner, intermediate and advanced-level yogis including kundalini and pranayama yoga. You also have the option to search for and follow your favourite teacher.
- Cost per month: A US$5 (approximately $6.30) per month subscription is available, but the service is also available for a one time donation.
- Features: An online community with a free newsletter featuring yoga tips, recipes and free videos.
This app offers hundreds of beginner, intermediate and advanced-level yoga classes that are available on your chosen device, even without an Internet connection. Styles include vinyasa, iyengar, yin and nidra yoga, as well as guided meditation.
- Cost per month: The app is available for download for $8.
- Features: A multi-platform app native to android, iOS, Apple TV and Windows.
8. Yoga Vibes
Subscribers to Yoga Vibes can enjoy unlimited access to yoga and fitness videos. New classes are added weekly and they feature a range of professional instructors and more than 25 fitness styles.
- Cost per month: US$19.99 (approximately $25).
- Features: A 15-day free trial, access to more than 5,000 videos and the option to cancel at any time.
Yogis Anonymous streams classes worldwide from its Santa Monica studio. Yoga styles include ashtanga, kundalini, restorative, hatha, yin and vinyasa flow. Pilates classes are also available.
- Cost per month: US$15 (approximately $19).
- Features: A free 15-day trial. Sign up for the newsletter and get free videos, yoga tips and health articles.