Make a 40th wedding anniversary more exciting by choosing the best gifts for your spouse, parents, or friends who are celebrating this special day. Here are a few ideas.
The significance of 40th wedding anniversaries
Have a 40th wedding anniversary on the horizon? Stuck for gift ideas? You’ve come to the right place.
Tradition calls for rubies to be given as 40th wedding anniversary gifts to symbolise the inner fire still burning after 40 years of marriage. If your budget doesn’t stretch to real rubies, think about ruby-red colours. A beautiful deep-red throw rug or even classic red roses are a beautiful, meaningful and on-theme 40th wedding anniversary gift idea.
Top 40th wedding anniversary gifts
finder.com.au makes it super easy for you to find the best gifts for the 40th wedding anniversary. There are really no rules when it comes to buying gifts. The most important consideration is the couple. You need to buy a gift that will be fit for their celebration by considering their preferences, culture, and age.
Below are a few gifts you can buy for the 40th anniversary by using finder.com.au.
Red Roses Scent Surround Diffuser
Classics 56 Piece Cutlery Set
Vera Wang Wedgwood Duchesse Encore Crystal Flute Pair
Single Succulent Terrarium
George Foreman 10 Portion Entertaining Grill
Surface Laptop Platinum - 128 GB/Intel Core i5/4GB RAM
Painted Patchwork 3-Pc. Comforter Sets
Heston Blumenthal Barista Express Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine
Melting Merlot - Chocolate Hamper
Happy 40th Birthday Cake Topper
Light Grey Stonewashed Natural Linen Ruffled Bedskirt. Dust ruffle. Bed Valance
Precious Love Ring with Engraved Band in Solid 18 carat Yellow, Rose or White Gold with Ruby or Diamond Heart
Wooden Wine Box - Single Bottle - Laser Engraved - Personalised Gift Box
Gift ideas for 40th wedding anniversaries
Now that you know what to consider when selecting gifts for the 40th anniversary, you can proceed to look for gift ideas suitable for the occasion.
Interestingly, ruby is the traditional and modern official gift for this anniversary. The reason why we find this interesting is because other anniversaries have different official gifts for the traditional and modern theme. This, therefore, makes your work a lot easier.
Rubies are a great gift idea, and for the woman, any piece of jewellery will do. For the man, a pair of cufflinks, a watch, or a ring with the gemstone, will work fine. However, gemstones don’t come cheap, especially rubies, and you’ll be glad to know that there are other various ideas you can use for this anniversary.
For the couple, one of you could surprise your partner with a holiday abroad. This could be a second honeymoon in your dream location. New additions to the home are good gift ideas, too, and these could be new indoor or outdoor furniture, a new oven, grill, or even a home makeover.
For family and friends, there are various types of gifts that you can give to the special couple. However, you need to be creative with your gift. Photos are always a good idea, especially if they come from the couple’s children. However, you might want to consider having a scrapbook with illustrations as opposed to yet another album or picture frame. In fact, a video would be great. The video could feature clips of the wedding, and of the children growing up. You could also pay for a trip that the couple will enjoy, or give vouchers for a shopping spree at the couple’s favourite store. What you need to remember is that it’s all about the couple, so consider their preferences.
40th wedding anniversary gift giving tips
It’s always important to celebrate anniversaries, and that includes every year, including the first one. This sets the momentum for the years to come, so you do not fall out of touch with how far you have come as a couple.
Embracing anniversaries gives you a chance to celebrate your life together. And just like birthday celebrations, gifts are in order. The couple may exchange gifts, but you should also remember that this is not just their celebration. Their children, friends, and family may also want to celebrate with them, and they too should be given a chance to express their thoughts through gift giving.
Did you know that there are specific gifts for specific anniversaries? Well, every anniversary year has a number of gifts dedicated to it, and these include both modern and traditional gifts, flowers, and gemstones. Below, we give you tips on how to buy gifts for your spouse or a special couple celebrating this anniversary soon.
The first thing we need to point out is that you have various options. While there are both modern and traditional or official gifts, you don’t necessarily have to go with them. You can choose to buy an item that your loved one has wanted for the longest time. Secondly, remember the wedding day. You could present the couple with an album of the memorable moments of their wedding with pictures of their first kiss, first dance, cutting of the cake, and much more.
How to choose the most ideal 40th wedding anniversary gift
With a precious stone and the colour of love and passion to use as inspiration, choosing a gift for a 40th wedding anniversary offers lots of possibilities.
- Do your research. Get your detective hat on and find out what they most desire. A longed-for trip to an exotic destination or a new addition to a treasured collection of art or homeware is sure to be a great surprise.
- Set a budget. If you know how much you want to spend, you can narrow down your search and find the perfect gift without breaking the bank.
- Plan ahead. If you’re getting something made or plan to order something custom, you will need plenty of time to plan ahead.
- Make it personal. Whether you plan to go all out with a big, expensive gift or want to stick to something a bit more subdued, your gift will be all the more meaningful if it comes from the heart.
- Age: Age is one of the most important considerations, and this is because by the time a couple is celebrating their 40th anniversary, they are around the senior citizen’s age. As such, the gift must be appropriate and respectful.
- Relationship with the couple: Your relationship with the couple also matters. For example, the children may get away with goofy gifts. However, friends and other relatives might want to have more subtle gifts.
- Value: When selecting a gift, think about its value and we are not talking about the cost of the gift. Ask your self if the gift is useful to the couple. Will they enjoy it? Or is this one of those gifts that will be kept in the attic and never to be seen again? It’s advisable that you buy a gift that can be used either practically or for decorative purposes.
Current deals and specials
Popular Gifts & Flowers coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|25 Jun 2019||Up to 70% off store-wide + further 10% off sale||FIN****|
|21 Jun 2019||10% off site-wide||FIN****|
|14 Jun 2019||5% off your order||FIN****|
|24 Jun 2019||Up to 50% off site-wide||EOF****|
|21 May 2019||20% off your orders||THA****|