3SIXT Studio True Wireless Earbuds review: Affordable price but thin sound
The 3SIXT Studio True Wireless Earbuds deliver an affordable and highly discrete listening solution, but they don't stand up well next to more expensive wireless buds for audio quality.
- Very comfortable
- Hide well in your ears or under hair
- IPX4 water protection
- Pairing can be tricky
- Treble-centric audio leaves a lot to be desired
With so many smartphone manufacturers opting to release smartphones that eschew headphone jacks, it's no surprise that there's something of a glut of Bluetooth headphones on the market. While you're still very much free to opt for over-the-head or behind-the-head style buds or cans, there's a definite trend towards entirely wireless, single bud headphones of the style epitomised by Apple's iconic AirPods.
The problem is that Apple charges its usual premium price for a set of AirPods, and that opens up possibilities for competitors to occupy the low-cost space. This is exactly where the 3SIXT Studio True Wireless Earbuds sit.
- Light and inconspicuous design
- Charging case is a little on the large side
- "Studio quality" audio is disappointingly average
- Pairing with multiple devices can be tricky
- 3-hour battery life is okay, but not great
- Charging case provides 5 charges' worth of additional battery life
The 3SIXT Studio True Wireless Earbuds aren't expensive wireless buds, and that's very much their selling proposition, because despite the use of the word "Studio" in their name, the actual audio output is only average at best.
Certainly, if you want both the convenience of light single ear Bluetooth buds you'll have to spend a little more, but if your budget is constrained, they're fine if not particularly exciting Bluetooth buds.
Pricing and availability
The 3SIXT Studio True Wireless Earbuds retail in Australia for $129.95 outright.
You've got quite a range of choices in the wireless earbud category at a variety of price points. If the appeal of the 3SIXT Studio True Wireless Earbuds lies in their low price, you should also consider Flowfonix's Buddies or Cygnett's Freerun headphones.
- AirPods Black Friday pre-sale: Up to $170 off [Updated]
- Bose Headphones 700 sale: Get $200 off for a limited time
- Best AirPods deals in Australia September 2021: $170 off AirPods Max
- Best AirPods deals in Australia August 2021: $170 off AirPods Max
- The best AirPods deals in Australia in July 2021: $161 off AirPods Max