Congratulations! You have reached your third year together as husband and wife. So, have you got the perfect gift for your spouse?
The traditional theme for the third wedding anniversary is leather, while the modern theme is crystal, pearl, or glass. Leather is resilient but also soft and flexible, warm to the touch, and becomes reshaped and moulded over time. It symbolises the third year of a relationship, when a couple’s bond becomes stronger.
The colours for third wedding anniversaries are either white or jade green. White represents kindred spirits and friendship, a crucial part of any working relationship. Crystals, pearls and glass are also beautiful gifts to give for a third wedding anniversary.
finder.com.au Top picks for your anniversary
Pearl and Jade necklace and earring set at Innovations. from Innovations
This stylish glass-based jewellery set is perfect for a lady.View details
Club Leather Double Sofa Bed from LivingStyles
Splurge on something that will last you a lifetime.View details
Zatchels 13 Inch Candy Leather Satchel - Blue from The Hut
Stylish and functional, the pop-colour gives a modern twist on a classic favourite.View details
Anne Klein Zip-Front Seamed Leather Jacket from Macy's
A stylish, classy and lady-like take on the toughness of a leather jacket.View details
Current offers and deals
Tips for gift giving etiquette
As for gift-giving etiquette, there are some considerations. If you are hosting a wedding anniversary party, many people choose to print ‘no gifts’ on their invitations as usually, especially for earlier anniversaries, gifts are exchanged between the couple only. If you have received an invitation but still would like to give a gift, waiting until after the party has finished to give your gift to the couple will not embarrass other guests. In these cases, giving gifts in the days surrounding the anniversary, rather than strictly on the day, is perfectly acceptable.
While gifts traditionally signify the particular anniversary celebrated, sometimes it’s best to just go with your gut, and choose a gift that suits the other persons interests or lifestyle. Often, these gifts are the most meaningful and thoughtful.
Gift ideas for third wedding anniversary
If you would like to stick to a traditional theme, you have a lot of choices. Luckily for those celebrating a third wedding anniversary, leather is stylish and timeless. It also ages well, and is used to create many functional and beautiful items.
For a man, think about smart leather shoes, a leather banded watch, a leather briefcase, a leather wallet or a leather jacket. For a woman, items like a leather purse or wallet, stylish leather gloves, leather boots, a belt or a leather handbag make beautiful, quality and useful gifts. Perhaps think about a leather-bound journal, an intimate and personal gift. For either partner, or perhaps if you decide to buy something together for your home, think about investing into a high-quality piece of leather furniture.
While glass or crystal is not so durable, it makes beautiful gifts especially in the form of homewares, which are always a great anniversary present. Giving your partner beautiful products for your home that will stand the test of time is a meaningful and sentimental present. Crystal or glass items are also a great gift idea if you are a friend or family member. Giving glasses, for example, is meaningful and useful but not quite as intimate.
The choice of jewellery for a wedding anniversary is classic, thoughtful, and always produces the desired effect of wowing your partner by saying ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’ with style. In that case, think about pearl or jade earrings, a brooch, or a ring.
How do you choose the perfect third wedding anniversary gift?
- Getting it right is easy if you just remember a few simple things while shopping.
- First, think about the personality of the person you are buying for. Are they foodies, sports freaks, gardeners, or readers? Buy a gift that they will truly love, and be able to use.
- If you are buying for your spouse, your anniversary is the time to think about sentimental value.
- If you are buying for a couple, something meaningful but not too intimate is appropriate. If you have been invited to an anniversary party and think you may be expected to buy a gift, giving something that sticks to the yearly themes is a fail-safe.
- If you are really stuck for what to buy for a couple, don’t be afraid to ask their family or close friends as to what’s appropriate.
- Don’t feel obligated to spend too much money, anniversary gifts are meant to be significant for their sentimentality, not for their price tag.
- While tradition can be helpful in generating ideas, and giving you some direction, it doesn’t need to be adhered to at the cost of giving a thoughtful and meaningful gift.
Top retailers for third wedding anniversary gifts
You are stuck without a gift idea for a third wedding anniversary, the date is fast approaching, and you can’t afford to procrastinate anymore - where do you turn? Just getting to the shopping centre before it closes can be a challenge. When you get there, you will even need more time to choose and buy a gift that you are happy with, and that you know your spouse will love.
These reasons have made Australians choose to do their shopping online. It’s like being in many stores all at once; you can compare prices and quality, and look at customer reviews while you are browsing for the item that screams ‘pick me’.
This is especially important if you have no idea what you would like to buy. Or maybe you would like to buy some jewellery, or a book, but have no idea what to look for. You could go to a shopping centre or a department store, roam from department to department, and try to remember how much that handbag you saw on level three half an hour ago costs, and whether you liked it better than the pair of pumps you are looking at now. With so many fantastic department stores available online that have great deals on shipping, awesome return policies, and discounts for grabs, there is no need for too much effort.
For fantastic deals and a great range on all products, have a look at online department stores Macy’s, Amazon, Deals Direct, The Hut, EziBuy, Le Domaine, Saks Fifth Avenue and Better Brands. For homeware specific online store Belinda James, Earth de Fleur, Innovations, Izzz, Kush Living, Zanui and Whiteport for stylish and great priced products.
Why shop at finder.com.au for third wedding anniversary gifts?
When you shop at finder.com.au for third wedding anniversary gifts you can benefit even further from the convenience and discounts online shopping offers.
- Save even more. Just find the page deals and coupons at finder.com.au to browse through all the great savings. When you have decided on your item, type in the promo code and check-out.
- Benefit from great offers on shipping, frequently provided free of charge and delivered the next day.
- The best thing about online shopping is of course that you can do it in your pajamas. Plus, in finder.com.au, you get a more comprehensive comparison of prices and customer reviews while you sit comfortably on your bed.
When shopping for a gift, remember that the third wedding anniversary is a major milestone in your relationship, and it’s the perfect excuse to remind your spouse how much you they are appreciated.