28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
Enjoy 0% fees on overseas purchases when you travel or shop online with the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard.
Designed to help you save on credit card costs both overseas and at home, the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard offers no foreign transactions fees and a $0 annual fee.
Interest free period
|Product Name||28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase Rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||55 days|
|Cash Advance Rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
- Ongoing $0 annual fee
- 0% foreign currency conversion fees
- Concierge service
- Free Global Wi-Fi with Boingo
- Complimentary Flight Delay Pass
- High purchase interest rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Charges a payment handling fee unless you pay by mail, direct debit or through the online service centre.
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% of transaction value or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (Visa/Mastercard)||0%|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||3% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is Finder's credit cards and frequent flyer editor by day and a music maven by night. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone.
The complimentary global Wi-Fi access is another perk that will help you cut travel costs. But unlike some other cards that are designed for travellers, it doesn’t offer complimentary travel insurance.
How to applyYou can apply for the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard online in around 10 minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard.
- Residency status. Available to citizens and permanent residents of Australia, as well as temporary residents who hold a visa that is valid for at least the next 12 months.
- Proof of identification. A driver's licence, passport or proof of age card must be provided.
- Financial details. You must submit details about your annual income, assets and liabilities.
- Employer information. You'll need to include your employer's details including address and contact number.
- Contact details. You'll be asked to provide contact information such as your email address, residential address and contact number.
- No currency conversion fees. This card can save you money with 0% currency conversion fees when you use the card to make a purchase in a foreign transaction overseas or online.
- $0 annual fee. Not just for the first year, the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard does not charge an annual card fee.
- Concierge service. The 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard gives you access to a personal concierge service. So, whether you need help booking your flights or accommodation for your holiday or need to organise a restaurant reservation, this concierge is a free service that you can use 24/7.
- Free global wifi. Thanks to a complimentary Boingo account, get access to over 1 million wifi hotspots around the world when you register your 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard.
- No international ATM withdrawal fees. You can access cash with convenience overseas with a $0 international ATM withdrawal fee.
- Mastercard benefits. As this is a Mastercard, it can be used at tens of millions of locations in Australia and abroad. Just look for the Mastercard logo at an ATM, over the counter or on the payment page of the merchant's website. You can also enjoy contactless payments through PayPass and access a range of exclusive travel, dining, entertainment and lifestyle offers through Mastercard Priceless Cities.
- Flight Delay Pass. If an airline announces a delay of more than two hours on your registered flight, you and up to four travel companions will receive a complimentary LoungeKey pass.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Mobile payment compatibility. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments when you shop just by tapping your qualifying Apple, Android, Samsung, fitbit or Garmin device on a contactless terminal.
- Insurance. While this card doesn't offer complimentary insurance, you can apply for shopper's protection (including price, merchandise, stolen card and repayment protection) or travel insurance via Southern Cross Travel Insurance with this card.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges $0 annual fee.
- Purchase rate. The purchase interest rate is 21.99% p.a.
- Cash advances. The usual cash advance fee is 3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater) and is charged when the card is used to withdraw money from an ATM or for any other cash advance transactions. Interest on cash advances will apply at 21.99% p.a. charged from the date of the cash advance.
- Foreign exchange rate. Any purchases in a foreign currency will be subject to the daily exchange rate. Unfortunately, you can't lock in an exchange rate to take advantage of competitive rates.
- 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard online account. You can manage your 28 Degrees account on the go with the online account. Login using your username and your password to access your statements, view your transactions, personalise your PIN, set your credit limits, add additional cardholders, access your concierge service and more.
Frequently asked questions
We've answered the most frequently asked questions about the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard from our users. If you still have a question please leave a comment in the box below.