Enjoy $0 fees on overseas purchases when you travel or shop online with the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard.
Designed to help you save on credit card costs both overseas and at home, the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard offers no international currency conversion fees and a $0 annual fee. You can also enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and a platinum concierge service to help you plan your next trip.
|Product Name||28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||4.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% or $30 (whichever is greater)|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
- $0 annual fee
- 0% Foreign Currency Conversion Fee
- Concierge service
- Free global Wi-Fi with Boingo
- High purchase rate of 21.99% p.a.
- ATM cash withdrawals attract a cash advance fee
- No interest-free days if you carry a balance
- Lack of complimentary travel insurance
Latitude 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard review
Thinking of taking a credit card overseas? While many charge additional fees for international transactions, with the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard you'll pay 0% foreign currency conversion on international purchases and $0 for international ATM withdrawals. It also offers worldwide acceptance through the Mastercard network and exclusive travel, entertainment and lifestyle offers through Mastercard's Priceless Cities program. The card's $0 annual fee also means you can use it internationally or at home without the standard costs you'd expect from most cards.
Benefits of the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
- No currency conversion fees. This card comes with 0% currency conversion fees when you use the card to make a purchase in a foreign transaction overseas or online.
- No international ATM withdrawal fees. You can access cash with convenience overseas with a $0 international ATM withdrawal fee.
- Concierge service. The 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard gives you access to a personal concierge service. So, whether you need help booking your flights or accommodation for your holiday or need to organise a restaurant reservation, this concierge is a free service that you can use 24/7.
- Free global wifi. Thanks to a complimentary Boingo account, get access to over 1 million wifi hotspots around the world when you register your 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard.
- Mastercard benefits. As this is a Mastercard, it can be used at tens of millions of locations in Australia and abroad. Just look for the Mastercard logo at an ATM, over the counter or on the payment page of the merchant's website. You can also enjoy contactless payments through PayPass and access a range of exclusive travel, dining, entertainment and lifestyle offers through Mastercard Priceless Cities.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. This card also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments when you shop just by tapping your qualifying Samsung device on a contactless terminal.
Features of the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
- Annual fee. $0 annual fee for every year using this card.
- Purchase rate. The purchase rate is 21.99% p.a. and is charged when you are carrying an outstanding purchase debt.
- Cash advance rate. The usual cash advance fee is 3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater) and is charged when the card is used to withdraw money from an ATM or for any other cash advance transactions. Interest on cash advances will apply at 21.99% p.a. charged from the date of the cash advance.
- Foreign exchange rate. Any purchases in a foreign currency will be subject to the daily exchange rate. Unfortunately, you can't lock in an exchange rate to take advantage of competitive rates.
- 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard online account. You can manage your 28 Degrees account on the go with the online account. Login using your username and your password to access your statements, view your transactions, personalise your PIN, set your credit limits, add additional cardholders, access your concierge service and more.
- Insurance. While this card doesn't offer complimentary insurance, you can apply for shopper's protection (including price, merchandise, stolen card and repayment protection) or travel insurance via Southern Cross Travel Insurance with this card.
How to apply for the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
You can apply for the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard online in around 10 minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. Before you apply though, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard.
- Residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia to apply.
- Proof of identification. A drivers licence, passport or proof of age card must be provided.
- Financial details. You must submit details about your annual income, assets and liabilities.
- Employer information. You'll need to include your employer's details including address and contact number.
- Contact details. You'll be asked to provide contact information such as your email address, residential address and contact number.
With no fees on overseas purchases made when you're travelling or shopping online and a $0 annual fee, the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard can stay in your wallet without burning a hole in your hip pocket. Compare this credit card to others so you can find one that suits all your needs.
Frequently asked questions
We've answered the most frequently asked questions about the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard from our users. If you still have a question please leave a comment in the box below.