Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard
Enjoy 0% fees on overseas purchases when you travel or shop online with the Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard.
Designed to help you save on credit card costs both overseas and at home, the Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard offers no foreign transactions fees and a $0 annual fee. You can also enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
|Product Name||Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard|
|Purchase rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Ongoing $0 annual fee
- 0% foreign currency conversion fees
- Free global wifi with Boingo
- Complimentary flight delay passes
- High purchase interest rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Charges a payment handling fee unless you pay by mail, direct debit or through the online service centre.
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||0%|
|Cash advance fee||3% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||3% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
How to applyYou can apply for the Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard online in around 10-15 minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for the Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard.
- Residency status. Available to citizens and permanent residents of Australia, as well as temporary residents who hold a visa that is valid for at least the next 12 months.
- Proof of identification. A driver's licence, passport, Medicare card or proof of age card must be provided.
- Financial details. You must submit details about your annual income, assets and liabilities, so have bank statements and payslips ready.
- Employer information. You'll need to include your employer's details including address and contact number.
- Contact details. You'll be asked to provide contact information such as your email address, residential address and contact number.
- No currency conversion fees. This card can save you money with 0% currency conversion fees when you use the card to make a purchase in a foreign currency overseas or online.
- $0 annual fee. Not just for the first year, the Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard does not charge an annual card fee.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Free global wifi. Thanks to a complimentary Boingo account, get access to over 1 million wifi hotspots around the world when you register your card.
- Flight Delay Pass. If an airline announces a delay of more than two hours on your registered flight, you and up to four travel companions will receive a complimentary LoungeKey pass. This can be used whenever you travel, not just once or twice per year.
- Mobile payment compatibility. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments when you shop just by tapping your qualifying Apple, Android, Samsung, Fitbit or Garmin device on a contactless terminal.
- Mastercard benefits. As this is a Mastercard, it can be used at tens of millions of locations in Australia and abroad. Just look for the Mastercard logo at an ATM, over the counter or on the payment page of the merchant's website. You can also enjoy contactless payments through PayPass and access a range of exclusive travel, dining, entertainment and lifestyle offers through Mastercard Priceless Cities.
- Insurance. While this card doesn't offer complimentary insurance, you can apply for shopper's protection (including price, merchandise, stolen card and repayment protection) or travel insurance via Southern Cross Travel Insurance with this card.
Rates & fees
- Purchase rate. The purchase interest rate is 21.99% p.a.
- Cash advances. The usual cash advance fee is 3% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater) and is charged when the card is used to withdraw money from an ATM or for any other cash-equivalent transactions. Interest on cash advances will apply at 21.99% p.a. charged from the date of the cash advance.
- Foreign exchange rate. Any purchases in a foreign currency will be subject to the daily exchange rate. Unfortunately, you can't lock in an exchange rate to take advantage of competitive rates.
- $0 international ATM withdrawal fees. You can access cash overseas with a $0 international ATM withdrawal fee.
Frequently asked questions
We've answered the most frequently asked questions about the Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard from our users. If you still have a question please leave a comment in the box below.
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The complimentary global wifi access is another perk that will help you cut travel costs. But unlike some other cards that are designed for travellers, it doesn’t offer complimentary travel insurance.