Learn more about your ancestry with 23andme, a personal genome tool allowing you to get your DNA examined and determine its make-up.
Discovering more about your history through genetics is now as easy as ordering a pack online, and returning it... with a saliva sample.
The largest service of its kind in the world, 23andme analyses saliva samples and provides you with specific information relating to your DNA and ancestry including where your family history lies and where relatives may currently live.
23andme coupon codes and discounts
|Save 20% off additional kits||Get multiple DNA kits from 23andme and save 20% off your additional purchases||
23andme is the first and only genetic service available that meets FDA (US Food and Drug Association) standards.
The service was recently updated, and now includes more than 60 personalised health, wellness, trait and ancestry reports.
How does 23andme work?
Despite its complicated nature, getting your ancestry information and 23andme DNA kit is relatively easy:
1. Head over to the 23andme website using any of the links provided.
2. Select the ‘Order now’ option, which you should see on the main page.
3. Register yourself and confirm your shipping and payment methods
4. When you package arrives, you must return to the website to register your specific barcode number.
5. Then you provide a saliva sample and return it to the 23andme laboratory, using their pre-paid shipping container.
6. When you results are ready you will notified to view them through your online account.
How safe is my data with 23andme?
While there have been issues surrounding personal data being used outside of 23andme's intent, the company has been pretty quick to rectify the issue. It strives to maintain security of users personal information and uses an encrypted website using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
23andme Review | Pros and Cons
- Fascinating way to learn more about yourself and your heritage.
- Complicated science that’s been simplified for home use.
- Wide range of payment methods accepted.
- Discount available for additional kits purchased
- No free shipping options available.
How does 23andme shipping and delivery work?
23andme ship to Australia using DHL couriers and advise that delivery can take up to three weeks. The cost of shipping is dependant on your order and location, and will be added before you checkout.
What forms of payment does 23andme accept?
- American Express
What is the 23andme returns policy?
It is possible to cancel your order within 30 days of your order being placed, provided you have not yet shipped your sample to the laboratory. The refund will be for the order total, but you will not be refunded any shipping or handling charges.