2020 Audi RS6 Avant review
Beat a Supercar on Sunday, take the kids to school on Monday.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Audi RS 6 is perhaps regarded as the ultimate sleeper vehicle. Historically it has been a car that can take its driver from say, being a lawyer, to needing legal representation in all of 3.7 seconds. An update on the RS6 Avant is due in mid-2020 as we reported late last year and brings with it some new styling, technology and the ability to get you to 100 km/h even quicker.
What is even crazier to think about is that this sensible, practical, unsuspecting family wagon is more powerful than the company's flagship R8 supercar!
For that matter, the engine produces more power than some proper performance cars like the:
- Ferrari 458
- Porsche GT3 RS
- Mercedes-Benz GT R
- Just to name a few
A new RS6 is a big deal as the vehicle is one of the most memorable Audis in recent history (we can't forget the Quattro) behind the R8 (which will be getting a facelift in 2020). Oliver Hoffman, Managing director of Audi Sport, said as much when the vehicle was announced, stating, "Throughout our 25-year RS history, the Audi RS 6 Avant is one of our absolute icons with a large global fan base."
Get a better deal on a Audi RS6 Avant
CARDEALS2ME works with a range of dealerships in all states and territories to help buyers find the best driveaway deals on new cars.
- Free to use platform.
- Get results in just 2 hours.
- Finance option available.
Key 2020 Audi RS6 Avant statistics
|Engine||4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 with Mild-hybrid system|
|Transmission||Eight-speed tiptronic (with optimised shift times)|
|0 - 100km/h||3.6 seconds|
What we are looking forward to
Where do we start?
- V8 with mild-hybrid. This powertrain is going to be absolutely epic. Producing 441kW at all fours, it'll possess a blink-and-miss-it 0 - 100 km/h dash.
- Launch control. The 2020 RS6 Avant will feature a new launch control function and we all know companies don't redevelop these systems to make the vehicle slower.
- More room inside. The new model will have a larger luggage compartment, making it even more practical. There will be 565-litres of space available in the back. For context, that is the same amount you get in a Nissan X-Trail and more than you get in a Mazda CX-5.
What we are keen to test
- Cornering dynamics. There is no shying away from the fact that this thing tips the scales at a hefty 2.15 tonnes. We're keen to see if this affects how planted it feels through the twisty stuff given the 2020 RS6 Avant has new generation dampers and a revised air spring module which can raise and lower the height of the vehicle depending on several factors.
- New power steering assist. The wagon is said to feature a newly developed power steering assist system that sends more feedback to the driver, heightening the feeling of road connectivity.
We currently have the BMW 330i Touring on a test and the practicality of the wagon is growing on me, and in my eyes, they don't look half bad either. The RS6 Avant sleeper takes the wagon to the next level, giving you the ability to take the kids to school, but also delight your inner speed-freak.
Can you imagine matching a Mercedes-Benz GT R to 100 km/h while having baby seats in the back? Insane.
We look forward to bringing you more updates about the new RS6 Avant as they come out.
Update: June 30th 2020
The Audi RS 6 Avant is set to touchdown in Australian showrooms from 24th July, 2020. Audi have also announced that pricing will start from $216,000 for this 441kW weapon.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
From makeup to skincare to haircare, these are the hot beauty offers we're expecting to see this Prime Day.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen will square off in what's being called Termination Day.
eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes
Score up to 75% off cookwares and kitchen appliances when you add these 'hidden' discount codes during the eBay EFOY sale.
Why did the Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) share price drop?
Shares in the beverage maker had lifted nearly 15% since February.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Editor’s Picks from the Nasty Gal x We The Wild Ones new edit
Ultimate cool gals Lucy and Nikki just dropped the rock n roll edit of our dreams and here's how you can get 60% off at the checkout.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best Prime Day deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert