Best Tech Innovation: Acorns
Acorns won the Best Tech Innovation award for its creative approach to investment apps.
The award was won by Acorns Grow Australia at the 2016 Finder Innovation Awards, presented at a gala dinner hosted by media personality and The New Inventors presenter James O'Loghlin.
- Macquarie Bank
- Cash by Optus
Guest judge: Foad Fadaghi, Managing Director at Telsyte
Foad Fadaghi from Telsyte explained Acorns' appeal:
Acorns is changing the nature of small investing and deserves recognition for their work.
How we judged this award
Who was able to enter
Any company in Australia can enter.
How were the finalists judged?
Finalists submitted written answers to these questions and were awarded a score out of 10 for each of them by three judges: two from the finder.com.au team plus one external guest judge.
- Originality - What about this tech innovation makes it original in the Australian market?
- Technological Innovation - What is innovative about the technology used or created?
- Usability - Describe how this innovation is used in practice, how is it designed with the user in mind?
- Impact - What is the impact of this technological innovation?
- Range of Impact - How big an audience does this tech innovation reach in practice?