Best Online Customer Service: Optus
Optus won the Best Online Customer Service award in a very competitive field.
The award was won by at the 2016 Finder Innovation Awards, presented at a gala dinner hosted by media personality and The New Inventors presenter James O'Loghlin.
- Fast Cover Travel Insurance
Guest judge: Anouche Newman, CEO, Customer Service Institute of Australia
Anouche Newman from CSIA explained Optus' appeal:
Optus had an impressively proactive approach to their online customer support. The engagement level via Yes Crowd was also a highlight as a service tool, with customer engagement increasing 120% year on year.
How we judged this award
Who was able to enter
Banks and other financial institutions, insurers, online stores, telcos
How were the finalists judged?
Finalists submitted written answers to these questions and were awarded a score out of 10 for each of them by three judges: two from the finder.com.au team plus one external guest judge.
- Originality - Please describe this team/person's original approach to customer service.
- Technological Innovation - How is technology used to make customer service more effective?
- Teamwork - How do the customer service team work together to improve the customer experience?
- Impact - What impact does customer service have on the organisation overall? (Customer satisfaction, retention etc)
- Range of Impact - How big an audience does this customer service team reach?