Best Mobile Payments Service: Cash by Optus
Optus won the award in a tight field for its Cash By Optus product.
The Best Mobile Payments Service award was won by Optus at the 2016 finder Innovation Awards, presented at a gala dinner hosted by media personality and The New Inventors presenter James O'Loghlin.
- Android, Android Pay
- Apple, Apple Pay
- Samsung, Samsung Pay
Guest judge: Lisa Montgomery, Consumer Finance Specialist
Lisa Montgomery commented:
We've seen lots of innovation in mobile payments in Australia over the past year, but Cash by Optus stands out for the wide range of accounts and devices you can use it with.
How we judged this award
Who was able to enter
Banks and other financial institutions.
How were the finalists judged?
Finalists submitted written answers to these questions and were awarded a score out of 10 for each of them by three judges: two from the finder.com.au team plus one external guest judge.
- Originality - What is original about this mobile payments service?
- Technological Innovation - What is innovative about the technology used or created?
- Usability - How does this mobile payments service improve usability?
- Impact - What is the impact of this technological innovation?
- Range of Impact - How big an audience does this tech innovation reach?