Best Internet Banking: Commonwealth Bank
CommBank took the Best Internet Banking prize for its NetBank platform.
The award was won by Commonwealth Bank at the 2016 Finder Innovation Awards, presented at a gala dinner hosted by media personality and The New Inventors presenter James O'Loghlin.
- ING, ING Direct
- CommBank, NetBank
- Travel Money, Key to the World Digital Travel Wallet
- Beyond Bank, Beyond Finance Manager
- Macquarie Bank, Macquarie Bank Digital Banking
Guest judge: Emma Blake, Editorial Commercial Partnerships Manager and former Editor moneysaverHQ, News Corp
Emma Blake from News Corp commented:
This is an exciting area as it is changing constantly and affects most Australians. With 8.1 million users NetBank could easily rest on its laurels but its ability to keep innovating and improving its online banking offering for its customers is great to see.
How we judged this award
Who was able to enter
Any online banking platform.
How were the finalists judged?
Finalists submitted written answers to these questions and were awarded a score out of 10 for each of them by three judges: two from the finder.com.au team plus one external guest judge.
- Originality - What is original about this internet banking service?
- Technological Innovation - What is innovative about the technology used or created?
- Usability - How does this internet banking service improve usability?
- Impact - How does this service impact the market?
- Range of Impact - How big an audience does this tech innovation reach?
See the full list of finder 2016 Finder Innovation Awards winners and finalists