20% off all AirAsia flights: Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, India and more
All seats and all flights from Australia are now on sale.
TL;DR: What's the deal with this flight sale?
Cheapest flight available:
Perth-Kuala Lumpur from $208
22 August 2022 – 18 April 2023
Yes, for travel until 15 October 2022 on select flights
AirAsia is back in Australian skies. To celebrate, it has taken 20% off all of its flights – and all of its seats.
From Australia, the airline currently flies out of Sydney, Melbourne and Perth to popular Asian cities such as Kuala Lumpur, Phuket, Penang, Seoul and Bangkok.
We've sussed out the prices and at 20% off, you can score airfares from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur from $312 one-way or $590.51 return.
This is based on a trip from 2 to 10 November.
If you're on the west coast, flights from Perth start from $208.64 based on a one-way trip to Kuala Lumpur on 13 November.
This 20% discount applies to flights from 22 August 2022 to 18 April 2023. Specific dates may vary depending on your route.
All up, there are 120 destinations that you can discover. And you don't have to settle for a budget economy seat either with Premium Flatbed and Premium Flex bookings included in the sale.
AirAsia's group chief commercial officer Karen Chan said, "AirAsia is proud to be back with all our airlines painting the skies red again. We want to thank our guests for their continued support and revive travel confidence with this exciting 20% off on all seats and all flights across our network."
- Compare flights now and book at the best price through Skyscanner.
How good are these AirAsia sale fares?
With 20% off absolutely every fare in the AirAsia network, you're guaranteed a discount wherever you want to go or whatever class you wish to fly.
Looking at your options through booking site Skyscanner, AirAsia comes up as the cheapest for direct flights.
This is based on a flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur from 2 to 10 November.
The next best flight is on Malaysia Airlines for $654 return. Keep in mind though that AirAsia is a budget carrier while Malaysia Airlines is full-service.
This AirAsia sale ends on 14 August 2022, unless sold out.
These AirAsia fares at a glance
- Great flexibility: Book and travel by 15 October and get unlimited date changes. This is for carrier codes D7 only, which are AirAsia X Malaysia flights. For other codes, you must book by 15 September and travel by 30 September for free flight changes. See more here.
- Great airline: AirAsia is consistently called out as one of the best low-cost airlines in the world. In 2022, AirlineRatings.com named it 1 of the top 10 Best Low-Cost Airlines.
- Good travel time: All flights from Australia include a stopover in Kuala Lumpur.
- Good weather: With travel dates until April 2023, you have a wide mix of dates to pick from. We recommend visiting the west coast of Malaysia in November, February or March to avoid the rainy season and the busy school holiday period and sunning on Phuket's beaches from January to April for clear skies and low rainfall.
Never miss a flight deal! Check out our full list of all the latest flight sales.