1Cover Discount Code, Vouchers and Promos
Save on your travel insurance with a 1Cover discount code.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
1Cover is an Australian-based travel insurance intermediary, which means they provide travel insurance solutions as an authorised representative of Lloyd's, one of the world's largest insurance groups. 1Cover prides itself on providing a range of affordable travel insurance products that cater to the different needs of travellers taking domestic and international trips.
Pros and cons of 1Cover Travel Insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance: 24 hour global assistance is provided to 1Cover policyholders, including emergency evacuation of Australians overseas.
- Diverse range of products: 1Cover knows that not everyone will require the same level of cover for their trip and has a range of different products offering comprehensive, essentials and basic options to suit both your cover needs and budget. Cover can also be taken out as a single, family or group policy.
- Fast and secure application process: 1Cover has created an interface for their users that is easy to use and allows for cover to be purchased entirely online in a matter of minutes.
- Straightforward claims process: Details for the conditions and how to make a claim are outlined clearly in the 1Cover product disclosure statement. Claim forms can be downloaded directly from the 1Cover website and there is a 24 hour hotline to assist with any claim enquiries you may have.
- Exclusions: Each policy will have its own set of exclusions for when a claim cannot be paid. It's critical that every applicant is aware of these before finalising payment for their policy.
Making a claim with 1Cover
In the event that you need to make a claim, you must contact 1Cover as soon as possible to notify them of the lost that has occurred. Claim forms can be provided by a 1Cover claims officer or downloaded directly from the 1Cover website. The claim form is to be submitted with any necessary documentation to verify the loss that has occurred. Typical documents that may be required for a claim to be processed include:
- Proof of high priced items value documentation
- Medical reports from a certified medical practitioner for medical expenses
- Police reports for stolen property
- A statement from airport or transport officials following loss/damage of luggage and other belongings
Conditions for claiming
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of your return to Australia
- All claims are paid in Australian dollars unless advised otherwise. If another currency is used, the exchange rate at the time of claim will be applied
- 1Cover will take into account depreciation of items
- In the event that a liability claim is made, you must do all you can to provide the right support to 1Cover in any legal proceedings that occur
- In the event that you are eligible to receive compensation from another form of cover you have, you must notify 1Cover of the benefit that you are entitled to. This will be offset against the amount that is payable by 1Cover
Policies offered by 1Cover
- Comprehensive/Frequent traveller. 1Cover's premium travel insurance policy covers you for unlimited medical expenses, emergency rescue, loss of income, cancellation and more. All benefits are available on an annual multi-trip too and there's no age limit on the comprehensive policy.
- Essentials. This standard policy is tailored to overseas travel and includes basics like medical, cancellation and luggage. It also comes with credit card fraud and replacement. The maximum age you're able to get a policy is 74 years old.
- Medical Only. As the name suggests, this covers you for those expensive medical bills you might encounter if you get sick or injured while you're overseas. The maximum entry age is 74.
- Domestic/Frequent traveller Domestic. This cover for your trips within Australia so you don't have to pay for medical cover. A policy comes with luggage, cancellation, rental vehicle excess and more, and you can get cover on an annual policy as well. There's no maximum age limit on domestic policies, unless you get a frequent traveller policy — in which case it's 64.
- Already Overseas. If you're already overseas but forgot to buy a policy, 1Cover let you buy a policy that comes with similar benefits to their comprehensive policy. Keep in mind though that you can only make claims after the first 72 hours of buying the policy. If you're under 64, you're eligible for cover.
More guides on Finder
Novo discount codes and coupons April 2021
Enjoy the latest in gorgeous women’s shoes when you shop at Novo. They have everything a girl could want.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Ask an Expert