Dun and Bradstreet is a credit reporting company that leads the nation in debt collecting, sales and marketing data, and credit reports.
A credit reporting agency is a company that collects information on commercial and consumer credit reports and analyses the company or consumer based on their findings. Dun and Bradstreet is a leading source for these credit reports and provide their customers with important information regarding credit history, payment analysis, and consumer identities.
Who is Dun and Bradstreet?
Dun and Bradstreet, the world’s top source of commercial information, has been operating in Australia since 1887 but the worldwide company was originally established in 1841. The Australian branch of Dun and Bradstreet employs over 600 people and operates in six regional offices. They also hold information on over three million businesses.
The company’s database provides their customers with important business information in order to make important business decisions. Dun and Bradstreet provide their customers with credit reports, sales and marketing data, and debt collecting. Their service allows customers
to assess the risk of doing business with certain people or companies and make
decisions based on those facts.
What credit reporting services do Dun and Bradstreet offer?
Dun and Bradstreet allow their customers to reduce their risk by helping them run credit checks on prospective customers. This helps their customers make informed business decisions instead of going blind into a business agreement.
They offer their customers both consumer credit reports and commercial reports. They also offer risk outlook reports worldwide. Dun and Bradstreet offer other credit services as well.
- Credit reports: The commercial reports service allows Dun and Bradstreet customers to gain information that can help them confirm a business’s existence through financial analysis. The business reports are available through a subscription basis or through a casual user outlet and can range from a Business Name Extract to a full D&B Report. The consumer reports allow access to Public Record Enquiries, Application Score Enquiries, and everything in between. This lets them access information that can confirm a customer’s identity or access a credit recommendation. Due to Australian privacy laws this service is only available through a subscription.
- Identity verification: This service can be available for businesses or individuals. It allows customers to confirm identities electronically through databases. This will also tell customers is a business is operational and if it has had any negative events associated with it.
- D&B ratings: These ratings let businesses know how creditors see their company. Businesses can complete a form through D&B to see their rating. They can also update their information to make sure creditors are viewing the most recent information.
- Personal reports: Customers can see current credit files through this service. Individuals can manage their credit report easily in order to apply for credit cards or loans.
- Risk reports: These reports provide data like payment trends, risk analysis, and economic forecasts of businesses throughout the world. This lets D&B customers check out companies to see if they’re worth doing business with.
How to read a credit report from Dun and Bradstreet
A credit report from Dun and Bradstreet is broken up into five parts in order to make it easy to read. The report will have information regarding the business including their identification information, an overview of the company, payment habits and analysis, financial records, their credit limit, D&B rating, and other company information.
- Identification and summary. This section lists comprehensive information regarding the company including the name, address, telephone numbers, and other pertinent identification information. This section also has a risk assessment summary.
- Credit and risk analysis. In this section customers will find detailed credit information of the business in question. There are charts and graphs regarding things like delinquency, trade payment analysis, and a list of past enquiries.
- History and operations. Here customers will find detailed information regarding the company’s registration, the executives and their background, employee history, the company’s trading styles, and information on their overall operations.
- Finance. This section of the report lists financial information on the business including net profits, yearly revenues, financial statements, and an analysis of the company’s overall finances.
- Appendices. The final section has explanations of the report including a list of sources used to compile the report.
What other services do they provide?
Besides comprehensive credit reports for individuals and businesses, Dun and Bradstreet also offer services regarding sales and marketing and debt collection.
The company’s sales and marketing services look to help customers increase their revenue through different marketing tools and solutions. The debt collection services help businesses collect outstanding payments, allow debtors to pay off debts, and help companies find their debtors.
- Sales and marketing. Dun and Bradstreet use company data to help businesses find marketing solutions to increase their sales. They analyse marketable business records to give a company a different perspective on their operations.
- Customer relationship management. This service looks to boost a company’s immediate sales and help develop better customer relations. D&B will give a company information on their current customers so they can see who they’re attracting and how to narrow down their target audience to get new customers.
- Sales intelligence and management. Sales intelligence makes it easier for a sales team to identify opportunities for improving sales. D&B uses two techniques known as Company360 and Global Reference System (GRS) to help sales teams improve.
- Company360 and GRS. Both of these systems offer in-depth information on businesses worldwide. This can help a sales team do peer analyses to get a better advantage on the competition or help them build a marketing list for B2B purposes.
- Market insight. This helps businesses turn their data into actual marketing tools. D&B’s service can help companies understand their customers on different levels, use third-party data for information on customers, identify prospective customers, increase revenue, and help sales teams utilise marketing tools.
- Debt collection. This service helps companies collect outstanding debts from customers who fell delinquent. Companies can also monitor the progress of the collection, view updated accounts, and create status reports for their records.
- Debtors finding. Using this service companies can find debtors who may be hard to get a hold of. This allows companies to collect loses and close the accounts. They can also profile their debtors as a way to avoid future debtors.
- Debt payments. D&B also offers debtors a way to pay their debts through an online payment centre via credit card.
What are some of the features and benefits Dun and Bradstreet offer with their products?
Customers can feel confident using Dun and Bradstreet thanks to their long history and known quality services. They are committed to their customers and look to constantly improve customer satisfaction. As proof of their quality services D&B follows all set standards of the Quality Standard ISO 9001:2008.
Dun and Bradstreet are also trusted in their industry. They’ve received business awards and are also involved with industry activities to help their business grow further. This commitment to their business and industry shows that they do everything in their power to create the best possible services for customers.
The company has also been in business in Australia since 1887 and since then have been providing customers with top quality business information and related services. Their longevity in the industry proves to customers that they’re dealing with a reliable business that knows what they’re doing.
Dun and Bradstreet’s available services are also one of the best reasons to conduct business with them. They offer sales and marketing tools, debt collection services, and credit reporting services all through their comprehensive databases and analytical tools. Customers can choose to use services on a subscription basis, too.
Pros and cons of Dun and Bradstreet
- Commercial and private reports are available. Dun and Bradstreet can provide customers with credit reports for both businesses and individual people. This can allow companies to check potential customers and vice versa. It can also allow companies to check out their competition.
- Risk assessments. The credit reporting agency also provides customers with risk assessments for businesses so customers can make informed business decisions before entering into any deals.
- Comprehensive reports. All credit reports produced by Dun and Bradstreet are comprehensive and easy to understand. They provide the most complete information for the business or individual in question and present it in a way that is well organised and easy to understand.
- Possible subscription needed. While some of the services provided by Dun and Bradstreet are available for casual users some of the more detailed services can only be utilised by purchasing a subscription to D&B’s service. This isn’t ideal for those researching information for a single instance.
Dun and Bradstreet is a leading agency that has been providing Australian businesses and individuals with quality service since 1887. Their credit reporting, marketing tools, and debt collection services are available for personal and commercial use as a way to help their customers get a better understanding of company and personal data.