With an ANZ Access Advantage account you get a flexible everyday bank account that offers unlimited transactions. The Access Advantage doesn't charge a monthly fee if you deposit at least per month. You can spend the money any way you want with the linked Visa debit card.
What are the features of the ANZ Access Advantage account?
With the ANZ Access Advantage everyday account you can manage your funds and track your spending from one convenient account. ANZ offers a variety of features that are worth considering when comparing to other banks.
Apple Pay now available with your linked ANZ Visa debit card
ANZ is the first out of the big four banks in Australia to launch Apple Pay. Apple Pay lets you purchase items with one natural motion. All you need to do is hold your iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 or iPhone SE to the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
How to link Apple Pay with your ANZ debit card
Go to Wallet > Click on the + symbol on the top right hand corner > Use your iPhone to scan the card (you can also manually put in the details) > Enter your card security code > Verify you card via SMS
Photo source: Apple.com
$0 Monthly account service fee
As long as you deposit a minimum of $2,000 into the account by the last day of the month, the monthly fee is waived. If you miss the minimum deposit one month, you will be charged $5. This is a month by month feature, so if you miss the deposit cut off in January you can still qualify for no account fees in February.
Access to your account 24/7
You have 24/7 access to your account using an ANZ issued Visa debit card. You can use your Visa debit card online, over the phone and overseas. You can use ANZ Internet Banking, ANZ goMoney, ANZ phone banking and ANZ Mobile Pay using your eligible Android phone.
Mobile banking available through ANZ mobile pay
To use this feature, download and install the ANZ goMoney app and add your ANZ debit card and register your details. You'll then be able to choose from three payment options. Please note, this is only available for eligible Android phones and is not available on iPhone.
$0 withdrawal fees at ANZ ATMs
You can take advantage of free, unlimited transactions with your debit card by using it at ANZ ATMs and EFTPOS.
$0 transaction fees
Free unlimited transactions are also provided when you access ANZ internet and phone banking.
Link to an ANZ savings account and earn interest
You can link your ANZ Access Advantage account with the ANZ Online Saver, ANZ Progress Saver or ANZ Term Deposits savings accounts.
Tiered interest rates to help you boost your savings
The higher your balance, the higher your interest rate.
Added security with ANZ Falcon
Enjoy added security provided by the ANZ Falcon fraud monitor to watch over all of your Access Visa debit card transactions. Whether you’re shopping overseas or online, all transactions are automatically monitored. Any unusual or suspicious activity will be surveilled.
You can add an overdraft up to $500 or $1,000 to your account, so you can avoid dishonour fees.
Get your monthly fee waived by meeting any of the following criteria
- If you're under 25 years of age or over 60
- You're a full time student at an Australia educational institution
- You currently receive a disability support pension or mobility allowance from Centrelink
- You currently have a ANZ home loan and have your salary credited to that account
- You have a combined deposit balance of $50,000 or more with ANZ
- You use your own money. Eliminate the risk of getting into debt by using your own money with the Visa debit card.
- You can make contactless payments using Visa payWave. Pay for your purchases under $100 with a ‘tap’ of your Visa debit card, giving you the convenience of making purchases on the go.
- You can choose from three colours. Choose from black, pink and blue when picking out your Visa debit card.
- You're protected by Visa Zero liability. If you’ve noticed fraudulent transactions on your statements, let ANZ know if anything appears incorrect as soon as possible so swift action can be taken. With Visa’s Zero Liability policy, you won’t be held responsible.
- No minimum deposit required
- Ability to personalise graphics on your linked Visa debit card
- Unlimited Australian transactions including ANZ ATMs, EFTPOS and cheque transactions at ANZ branches
- Use ANZ Phone Banking and ANZ Mobile Pay using your Android phone
- $0 Monthly fee if you can meet the eligibility criteria
- 24/7 Security and fraud monitoring on your account
- Must deposit $2,000 per month to obtain no monthly account service fee (normally $5)
- $0 Monthly fee if you can meet the eligibility criteria
How do I apply for the ANZ Access Advantage account?
If you make monthly deposits of $2,000 or more, and like the idea of a fee free everyday account with a debit card that works like cash, you can get started by clicking ‘go to site’ to be taken to the secure application page.
Eligibility to apply online
Check the following conditions first to ensure that you are eligible:
- Age. Applicants must be at least 12 years old when applying for this account.
- Residency. You must have a valid Australian residential mailing address and be an Australian resident. If you are planning on moving to Australia you can begin the account application process ahead of time through ANZ’s Moving to Australia information section.
- Account purpose. The ANZ Access Advantage everyday account is only for personal use, and not intended for businesses.
Documentation to apply online
If you are eligible then continue on to your application for the ANZ Access Advantage account, which can be completed entirely online. It should take no more than ten minutes to finish filling out so long as you have the following information readily available:
- Identification. You will be asked to confirm your identity using a primary identification document such as an Australian driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card. If you are a minor you can use your birth certificate along with another document such as a school issued ID card or Medicare card.
- ANZ customer registration number. If you are an existing ANZ customer you will be asked to provide the number that you use for ANZ internet and telephone banking.
- Citizens of the United States. If you are an Australian resident, yet a citizen of the United States, you will have to disclose this information at the time of application.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once you submit the application it may take up to two business days for your account to be set up while ANZ verifies your identity electronically. At that point you can begin making your monthly deposits in order to reach the $2,000 minimum needed to take advantage of the no monthly fee.
What is Access Advantage cheque account?
The ANZ Access Advantage account allows you to access your money using ANZ ATM’s, ANZ Internet Banking, ANZ goMoney and ANZ Phone Banking. If you have any further enquiries regarding this account, please contact ANZ directly.
As a company, we currently have a few accounts with ANZ, if we were to start up a paypass account, would there be a monthly service fee?
Do you intend to open the ANZ Access Advantage as a personal or business account? As a personal account, you don’t need to pay a monthly fee if you deposit at least $2,000 a month. This fee is also waived if: (according to the ANZ website - You have an ANZ Home Loan, an ANZ Residential Investment Loan or an ANZ Portfolio Facility5 and have your salary credited to your account or you have a combined deposit balance of $50,000 in one or more of the following ANZ accounts: ANZ Access Advantage, Access Select, Premium Cash Management, Online Saver, Progress Saver, V2 Plus, Passbook Savings, Premier Cheque.
I am not living in Australia now but plannning to go there on a tourist visa at first and change to a student visa. Is it possible to open an account with a tourist visa? I would like to know as much information as possible in advance.
ANZ allows you to open an ANZ Access Advantage account from overseas, as well as a savings account. To be eligible you must be 16 years of age or older, and you will need to be able to identify yourself in Australia when you arrive. You must also intend to arrive in Australia within a year of submitting the application, and you must be only using the account for personal use (not business use).
To identify yourself you’ll need to bring your passport, boarding pass or travel ticket to an ANZ branch within six weeks of arriving, otherwise you’ll need to bring extra identification if you visit after this time. You’ll also need to give ANZ details of your Australian address. I’ve emailed you a link where you can find out more about this process.
My mother-in-law (living in South Africa) will visit us for 5+ weeks. One of your staff comments below: ANZ allows you to open an ANZ Access Advantage account from overseas, as well as a savings account. My mother in law will want to pay certain amounts via Internet Banking, and do cash withdrawals. Please confirm which of the stated accounts is most suitable, or both?
If your mother-in-law wants to do cash withdrawals, the ANZ Access Advantage could be suitable. The ANZ savings account won’t allow for cash withdrawals and it’s not a transaction account.
Can both internet banking transactions and cash withdrawals be done on the ANZ Access Advantage account?
Yes, both internet banking transactions and cash withdrawals can be done on the ANZ Access Advantage account.
Do I need a credit card to use paypal or can it be connected to my ANZ savings account?
PayPal can be linked to a bank account, debit card or credit card.
I have linked my paypal account to my Access Advantage Cheque Account. However there is a question there requiring me to choose between savings or cheque and I have clicked on “savings”. Is this correct? thank you.
Savings is the correct option for your ANZ Access Advantage account.
I am currently in the UK, but only have my normal australian domestic ANZ access account card and ANZ Visa debit card. We had been planning to access cash via my partner’s CBA services. There seems to be a hitch with this so I am wondering…How may I access my accounts to withdraw (by whatever path) British Pounds as cash?
If you have sufficient funds in your ANZ Access Advantage account, you can withdraw pounds out of any ATM that displays the Visa logo with your card. You can also use the card at a retailer where the Visa logo is displayed. Please note that exchange rates, an international transaction fee, an overseas ATM withdrawal fee and a foreign ATM fee will most likely apply to your transaction. If you haven’t notified ANZ already, it might a good idea to let them know that you intend to use the card overseas for security reasons.
I have just applied for an access advantage account online but just wondering if I will have to go into an ANZ branch for identification.
This depends on the amount of information you supplied during your application. If you gave sufficient information that ANZ could verify your identity electronically (this may include your passport number, medicare number, etc.) then they will not require you to visit a branch. You may want to call ANZ to check on the status of your application and to see if you will need to visit a branch.
Can I open a joint account with my father who is not an Australian citizen ( I am an Australian citizen ). He is coming next month to meet me. Purpose is to enable us both to deposit money in the account to build corpus to apply for a contributory parent visa next year for him. Please also let me know the documents required by him. Will his passport only suffice?
This is possible but you’ll need to apply for the account within an ANZ branch for identification purposes. Your father’s passport would be required, but it would be good to bring additional ID documents just in case.
I opened an Anz pensioner advantage account with Anz on the 7th of November 2014 and my disability support pension will go in to that account. But I can not have my pension in that account this month as what I am doing is I am saving up the pension money which I won’t touch and only touch the pay I get from work, but I won’t get paid until next month so for now the pension will go to another bank account not anz so the pension won’t go in the anz pensioner advantage account until next month. Will I still get charged the fee as my pension didn’t go in to my anz account this month ?
This product has unlimited transactions overseas if you use an ANZ branded ATM to withdraw your funds. If you use an overseas ATM which is not ANZ-branded you’ll pay the $5 fee per withdrawal plus the ATM owner fee if applicable.